Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

iPod Integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Paralight is on a distinguished road
I normally charge £520.00+VAT (15%) (£599 inc)GBP supplied and fitted. If this converts at todays rate that gives a USD equivalent of around $855.00

To make it worth travelling I would need to supply and install 7 or 8. Bearing in mind return flights, accomodation, beer money etc, obviously I would take any hospitality thrown at me!!

Kind Regards,

James

BTW. Got a working front view camera today, relays images on the NAV screen from a below front numberplate camera. Can also have rear as well.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 PM
bubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Paralight
I normally charge £520.00+VAT (15%) (£599 inc)GBP supplied and fitted. If this converts at todays rate that gives a USD equivalent of around $855.00

To make it worth travelling I would need to supply and install 7 or 8. Bearing in mind return flights, accomodation, beer money etc, obviously I would take any hospitality thrown at me!!

Kind Regards,

James

BTW. Got a working front view camera today, relays images on the NAV screen from a below front numberplate camera. Can also have rear as well.

I'm in (at number 3) if you make a Daytona Beach trip.
We're nearly half way there!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:32 PM
rtpdantes is on a distinguished road
I'm in Florida and would be very interested if you handled the install. Wouldn't want anyone else touching my Vantage!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Does anybody know if there is indeed a factory retrofit iPod kit for 2007 Vantages and how much it costs? I have found the perfect car for me -- triple black, 6-speed with a QuickSilver exhaust -- and would purchase it tomorrow if I can get the dealer to go down on the price a little or throw in the retrofit kit.

Thanks,

-Gary

Old 07-05-2009, 04:24 PM
There was talk of a factory kit a while ago, however nothing has yet been released. I think they talking of a price of around £1200.00GBP. It is the same kit that Works Service install over here in the UK. Basically upgrading part of the audio system to 08MY spec.

Our kit does pretty much the same job, other than with 08MY you can change between CD and Ipod from the ICM. With ours you have a separate covert switch.

Regards,

James@Paralight

Old 07-05-2009, 05:16 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the reply, James. I will definitely consider the Paralight kit if I can't get the dealer to install the factory retrofit kit for free. I need to do more research -- if the factory retrofit kit also enables me to play MP3 CDs then that is a bonus.

-Gary

Old 07-05-2009, 07:02 PM
rtpdantes is on a distinguished road
I guess we're at 4 so far?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:08 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
That is not too bad. 4 installs in Daytona. 2-3 more and it sounds like a good weekend.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
I have emailed a client in Palm Beach, who contacted me earlier this year to see if he would be willing to travel and also if he still wanted the kit. That would be 5...

I have also emailed the collection and Joy Baroni at Palm Beach Motors to see if there is any interest from the dealers.

Looking good so far..

Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Sounds good. Daytona is about 3 hours away from Palm Beach. So even if they don't want to make the trip to Daytona, maybe you could make 2 stops.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 PM
The Gentleman from Palm Beach is coming down to join us for the gathering..

I am going to Parts Operations later this week, and the factory next week. Is there anything people want whilst I'm there?

Regards,

James@Paralight

Old 07-06-2009, 02:19 PM
A driver's side over mat.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM
bubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by markesq
A driver's side over mat.
I ordered some "luxe" mats from: http://www.lloydmats.com

They're ridiculously plush, and fit reasonably well.
For they money, I doubt one can do better.

By the way - I'd love to hear your exhaust some time... you can then check out these mats if you like.

- J

Old 07-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Could you PM me the last 6 digits of your chassis number please. Just to make sure I get the right colour... I will get it shipped as soon as I can. What sort of price are they charging over there for them?

James

Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 PM
They want over $300 for a pair. What can you get them for over there?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPod Integration