Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

iPod Integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:54 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Paralight, do you have anyone else to go along with us 4?

Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 AM
paragongja is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested in a Tri-State group. NY-NJ-CT.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:32 AM
bubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by markesq
Paralight, do you have anyone else to go along with us 4?
Has anyone talked to Derek at Aston Martin of Orlando regarding this?
I'd guess he could scare up a few interested folks.
- There are a lot of Astons in Central Florida.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Paralight is on a distinguished road
I've had a quick chat to Derek at AM Orlando. I am emailing him details of the Ipod kit and other things.

With my chap from Palm Beach we now have 5 cars. Bearing in mind I have just found out my wholesale price has gone up, because of the Euro/Sterling exchange, I would need to get 8 cars to make it viable. The other option is to share the cost of the airfare amongst the 5 owners now.

The best deal I can get is £609.00GBP coming in to Orlando next Thursday then returning Monday afternoon. Giving me the weekend to complete all the cars. Obviously I wouldn't be working on the cars, because I would need a work permit, so I would just be advising and demonstrating....

Another thought. Is anyone a member of AMOC. It may well be worth a post on that forum to see if that will generate more bodies. I am a member, but they tend to get grumpy with me advertising on there.!

Hopefully getting a DBS Volante on loan soon. front parking camera installation I hope...

Regards,

James@Paralight

Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Paralight
I've had a quick chat to Derek at AM Orlando. I am emailing him details of the Ipod kit and other things.

With my chap from Palm Beach we now have 5 cars. Bearing in mind I have just found out my wholesale price has gone up, because of the Euro/Sterling exchange, I would need to get 8 cars to make it viable. The other option is to share the cost of the airfare amongst the 5 owners now.

The best deal I can get is £609.00GBP coming in to Orlando next Thursday then returning Monday afternoon. Giving me the weekend to complete all the cars. Obviously I wouldn't be working on the cars, because I would need a work permit, so I would just be advising and demonstrating....

Another thought. Is anyone a member of AMOC. It may well be worth a post on that forum to see if that will generate more bodies. I am a member, but they tend to get grumpy with me advertising on there.!

Hopefully getting a DBS Volante on loan soon. front parking camera installation I hope...

Regards,

James@Paralight
Wow, that's quick! Next weekend would work for me, but I'm usually not in Florida on the weekends (at least during the summer... I loathe the heat).
- So, if this trip doesn't pan out, I'll need a few week's notice to arrange my schedule.

Sorry for being potentially difficult.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Paralight - You could also try Tom Heinz at AM of Tampa - he might have some thoughts phone in USA 813.371.8200

Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
What is the price for the kit with 5-8 orders?

Old 07-16-2009, 05:06 AM
I normally charge £520.00+VAT (15%) (£599 inc)GBP supplied and fitted. If this converts at todays rate that gives a USD equivalent of around $855.00

To make it worth travelling I would need to supply and install 7 or 8. Bearing in mind return flights, accomodation, beer money etc, obviously I would take any hospitality thrown at me!!

Kind Regards,

James

BTW. Got a working front view camera today, relays images on the NAV screen from a below front numberplate camera. Can also have rear as well.
By splitting the airfare across the existing orders it would work out at an extra £120.00GBP per order. At todays exchange rate this would give an installed cost of $1050USD.

I must apply for a visa as well, otherwise I won't be going anywhere!!

Old 07-16-2009, 07:49 AM
By splitting the airfare across the existing orders it would work out at an extra £120.00GBP per order. At todays exchange rate this would give an installed cost of $1050USD.

I must apply for a visa as well, otherwise I won't be going anywhere!!

I know of one more Vantage V8 owner who is somewhat interested...
I'll keep you posted.

Just to confirm: I'm not interested in using this interface for its iPod functionality. I mainly want to use it with an iPhone to access web radio via the Pandora and XM/Sirius iphone applications.
- Yes, I understand I'll need to use the phone itself to make changes to the stream.

Will your interface allow this function?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I'm sorry to bail out and hope this is not a pain to fellow 6speeders but now at over $1k - I will stick w/ my $50 iPOD FM tuner.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:46 PM
No problem. What is the group price if we decided to do our own install?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Everybody,

Our Website now allows you to purchase the Ipod kit for DB9 and V8 Vantage online through Paypal.

Installation instructions will be included with the kit. Should you wish to install them yourself, then I will talk you through the installation before you start, and be on hand throughout.

If you wish the kit to be installed by a professional installer, then again, I will discuss the installation with the installer to ensure they are happy to undertake the work required.

http://www.paralight.co.uk/IpodKitsB...6/Default.aspx

Kind Regards,

James Hawkes-Reed

Paralight Ltd
Communicating Excellence
(0044) 7860 811299

www.paralight.co.uk

Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 PM
On a scale of 1-10, how difficult is this install?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by markesq
On a scale of 1-10, how difficult is this install?
It takes me around an hour and a half to do. The worst part is removing the top dash piece (Nav Screen cover) and then removing the plugs from the rear of the ICM (radio), purely because there is not much give on the harness. All the plugs on the car are keyed. i.e they will only fit in one place.
I have talked a complete novice through it! However I strongly suggest that I talk through the installation BEFORE anything is started.

Tools wise; Philips screwdriver, 8mm socket, soldering iron insulation tape and patience! If you want to put the Ipod lead in the Glovebox then a sharp knife and a drill would be an advantage.

DB9 to V8 is very slightly different in the disassembly side of things.

Kind Regards,

James@Paralight

Old 07-21-2009, 02:10 PM
ddozier is on a distinguished road
I looked through the pics on the website but can you take a closeup of the switch that needs to be installed and is there enough wire on it to place it in the glovebox. How big is the control unit and is there a place to mount it using factory mounting bolts? Any pics of the control unit itself? How do you access the USB port to use a HDD or Jumpdrive?

Thanks for your help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPod Integration