Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Stepped Up to the Plate - DB9 Owner Now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:02 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Stepped Up to the Plate - DB9 Owner Now!

After some hemming and hawing, I took the plunge. Sold my 2007 Z06 (took a beating) and bought a 2006 DB9 Volante. I figure the DB9 took a bigger hit dollar wise from this economy than my Z06, so in the end I did OK.

Just LOVE the car. The Z06 was scary fast, but really was the pits inside, you know, rubber everywhere except the seats and steering wheel. The DB9 may not be anywhere near the speed monster that is the Z06, but when you sit in it and touch and smell that great leather and that V12 bursts into life, nothing could be better.

This car is a keeper, that's for sure.

Cheers!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 AM
XXXAngelXXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Welcome to the club of *permanent grin* looks like you caught *Astonidis*

Old 07-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
After some hemming and hawing, I took the plunge. Sold my 2007 Z06 (took a beating) and bought a 2006 DB9 Volante. I figure the DB9 took a bigger hit dollar wise from this economy than my Z06, so in the end I did OK.

Just LOVE the car. The Z06 was scary fast, but really was the pits inside, you know, rubber everywhere except the seats and steering wheel. The DB9 may not be anywhere near the speed monster that is the Z06, but when you sit in it and touch and smell that great leather and that V12 bursts into life, nothing could be better.

This car is a keeper, that's for sure.

Cheers!
Love the enthusiasm!!! Sounds like you're really pleased with the decision and yeah, that V12 is awesome.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Congrats! As I was just saying on the SRT-8 forum, where a guy ran a V8 Vantage from 60-100 and was ahead by half a car, you don't buy an A-M for absolute speed. There are many different facets to the cars and aesthetics has to be near the top. The V12 is excellent and comparisons to things like SRT's and Z06 is kind of silly. These cars all have different strengths and some are mostly one-dimensional. Enjoy the top-down motoring weather we are having here in the NE (finally)..

Old 07-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Kent will become famous soon enough
Congrats! I think the DB9 is one of the most gorgeous cars out today. Enjoy it.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Congrats, a nice choice and good time to buy ...

Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
You know, when my car was being delivered, I thought of this post:

Bad Delivery
Not sure if this is a repost but what a bad day for that guy!
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Waterboy is on a distinguished road
congrats

Old 07-22-2009, 02:56 AM
XXXAngelXXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
antrim blue ?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by XXXAngelXXX
antrim blue ?
Honestly, don't know what color it is.

I need to get some kind of build sheet to find out exactly what all the colors are.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by XXXAngelXXX
antrim blue ?

Honestly, I don't know what color it is...

I need a build sheet or something to find out all of the colors in the car.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 AM
SupercarInc is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Do you still have the XJRS? I Always loved those cars.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by SupercarInc
Congrats! Do you still have the XJRS? I Always loved those cars.
Yes, I have 2, a convertible and a coupe, both black.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Congrats! Beautiful car, very nice color,..enjoy in good health