Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DSTC On/Off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
DSTC On/Off?

What settings do you guys use when you are normally driving around?

On or Off?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
On. There's really no reason to turn it off for routine street driving.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Generally on, especially if there's any sign of moisture about (easy lads....) I do find it cuts in a little bit earlier than I would like if I'm getting into the loud pedal on the exit of a corner though so if there's a bit of road I know with clear exits and runoff and it's safe I'll turn it off.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 PM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
It bothers me when on, it seems to cut too early and unexpectedly. I usually turn it off but miss the digital MPH readout as the speedo is not easy to read.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stearnsn
It bothers me when on, it seems to cut too early and unexpectedly. I usually turn it off but miss the digital MPH readout as the speedo is not easy to read.
Agreed, definitely comes in too early. Just when you think you've got it turned in the back end is coming round nicely it backs you out of the power.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Most of the time I have it on but the weekends I usualy drive harder with some of my friends.
for the guys that miss the digital speedo just press "READ" where the navigation and trip 1/2 controls are located that will show the digital speedometer.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
is it OK to turn it off/on while you drive?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:09 AM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Agreed, definitely comes in too early. Just when you think you've got it turned in the back end is coming round nicely it backs you out of the power.
If it backed me out of the power that would be ok. It cuts power rather abruptly. imho

Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the tip on the digital speedo. I like to drive with it off, but I hate that the trip computer locks up.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
I drive my car pretty hard but apparently not as hard as you guys do. I find this car has either too much traction or not enough torque for it to be an issue, so I leave it on. You have to really launch it hard for the wheels to spin at all.

Mine fishtails some on hard acceleration, but even then the tires don't really lose traction. The only time I can see it being worthwhile to turn it off would be on the track.

What are you guys doing, drifting competitions on the street or something?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by stearnsn
If it backed me out of the power that would be ok. It cuts power rather abruptly. imho
Agreed. Too much too soon, without a doubt.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 PM
maccattack is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kamran
is it OK to turn it off/on while you drive?

No problem

Old 08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Thanks Mac

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.