Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS Issue - ADS Off Warning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 PM
StuM is on a distinguished road
DBS Issue - ADS Off Warning?

I recently moved into a new '09 DBS after multiple problems with an '09 Vantage. Today, with only 200 miles on the odo, the DBS gauge pod suddenly showed "ADS Off", with the amber warning indicator. I had driven about 2 miles from my garage at the time. Normal weather and no unusual road conditions. The car continued to drive well, but I noticed I could not get the adjustable suspension button to react in any manner. After a few minutes of driving the amber warning indicator went off and the ADS fault notice disappeared from the right screen. I was then also able to engage and disengage the suspension settings normally and at will.

I do not see this error message discussed in the owners manual, although the ADS is discussed in general.
Anyone ever experience this before or have any thoughts or guidance?

Much appreciated and happy motoring,
StuM

Old 09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
GameTheory is on a distinguished road
Don't take this as a solution to your problem by any means, I still say take it to the dealer to be sure nothing is truly wrong - but every single issue I've experienced with my AM V8 has been electronic or wiring. Great designers they are, but manufacturers they are not sometimes. The dealership I bought my car at replaced the tires and brakes, I had two different tire system fault lights (once was due to a wire not properly secured had worn through). My passenger side airbag light kept going on (apparently if you back the passenger side seat all the way back you hit the sensor...makes no sense). I randomly got an emissions system light - no explanation, no problem. They simply reset the sensor and sent me along my way. It's just a fact I've come to terms with. My sensible side will say to you in a new-ish DBS to take it back to the dealer JUST in case. Personally...if it were me, I'd drive it a little longer and see if the light comes on again...

Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
So you solved the '09 Vantage problems with and '09 DBS. WOW! That is quite a soloution.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
XXXAngelXXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
congrats mind to post any pics ?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
New replacement DBS

New DBS Name:  DBS New Tungsten 8.26.09 009.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  167.6 KB

Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Congrats - you bought a proper car there

Old 09-04-2009, 06:09 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Very nice. Did they give you an even swap? lol

Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Swap

"Even swap", no! VERY good swap, yes! I'm very pleased with AM's response to the original V8V problem. Now it the DBS will just behave and meet her potential!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:33 AM
it will

Old 09-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GameTheory
Don't take this as a solution to your problem by any means, I still say take it to the dealer to be sure nothing is truly wrong - but every single issue I've experienced with my AM V8 has been electronic or wiring. Great designers they are, but manufacturers they are not sometimes. The dealership I bought my car at replaced the tires and brakes, I had two different tire system fault lights (once was due to a wire not properly secured had worn through). My passenger side airbag light kept going on (apparently if you back the passenger side seat all the way back you hit the sensor...makes no sense). I randomly got an emissions system light - no explanation, no problem. They simply reset the sensor and sent me along my way. It's just a fact I've come to terms with. My sensible side will say to you in a new-ish DBS to take it back to the dealer JUST in case. Personally...if it were me, I'd drive it a little longer and see if the light comes on again...
The seat thing is weird but has happened to me as well. The randomn emissions light I have had once as well but apparently it is reasonably common. Typically brought on by a change in driving style. If you drive sedately for a few drive cycles (few quiet trips around town) and then nail it on a freeway on-ramp or something similar the ECU interprets the sudden change in airflow etc. as a failure of the emissions system. If it happens again and you can't get to the dealership, the ECU is meant to 're-learn' after about 10 drive cycles and the light should go-away.