Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Opinions on winter driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 05:42 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
You are certainly correct about their being plenty of cherries to choose from so a corrosion vehicle is a definite no no..........BUT, if I had all the money in the world it would NOT change my opinion about subjecting one of these machines to the ravages of disrespect and salt.................Good cars matter to me.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by slayer of souls
Damn, there goes my winter fun. Only a few more weeks to enjoy the vehicle i suppose.
I know....it's harsh, man, the end is coming fast even by me..........So far, the only thing that keeps me from swallowing the end of a 45 sometimes is snow machines in the winter. It's the only way I can get my fix over the winter......"Always lookin for a better alternative!"

Old 10-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
To help the long winter storage months, i have an office /warehouse so i park the vantage next to my desk... Better than a model on a shelf and a great conversation piece when clients visit.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
To help the long winter storage months, i have an office /warehouse so i park the vantage next to my desk... Better than a model on a shelf and a great conversation piece when clients visit.
nice.......real nice..........I have to walk all the way to the garage to see mine........Ah, the hardships I have to endure in winter.........I hate here.........

Old 05-30-2015, 12:31 AM
Whag460203 is on a distinguished road
Happen to have room next to your desk for another Vantage (seriously!)? I'm moving to Minneapolis and am still trying to decide whether to drive it year round as my only car, or get a second car and park it during the winter...

For reference, it's a 2006 with 28,000 miles in immaculate exterior and interior condition. I paid $42.5K for it. How low could the value go v. buying another car and dealing with winter driving deprecation (like the 2010 S5s I'm looking at buying around $30K).

Also, would a wrap or Xpel clear bra keep the exterior perfect (not underside) in the salt/snow?

Old 05-30-2015, 07:36 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
warehouse space for Vantage

Right now not likely to have the space, but PM me closer to winter.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Whag460203 is on a distinguished road
Right now not likely to have the space, but PM me closer to winter.
Sounds good. Thanks.