Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
View Poll Results: Do you use the Nav installed in your AM? or use another one you bought?
I use the NAV installed in my AM car from factory
63.33%
I use one I bought, the AM nav is piece of crap
36.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

I had my fill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:16 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lawin
i use my garmin and have it attached to the upper left corner of the windshield. aston nav is terrible.
@lawin: hmm.. what do you do with the charger wire? did you have it installed (hidden) in the interior? or hanging on the dash all the way to the socket? it will be very kind if you would included a picture just like how gekko kindly did

Originally Posted by gekko
I have it mounted just under the Rear View mirror and works very well. Not sure about the Gamin mounting bracket, but the TomTom is perfect for a snug fit under the mirror. (Picture attached)

To others - what's the problem with the Aston Martin Sat Nav?
- Loses the signal very easy
- Slow to keep up at high speeds
- Lanes changes & exit instructions very poor
- Poor Visual display
- Input takes too long
- Ok the kicker - I input the same address into the AM Sat Nav & my Tom Tom - The AM will take me in the most ridiculous routes every possible to man . . . and that my friends is what ticks me off! Sometimes I think the car just doesn't want to go home..
@gekko: That my friend is my ultimate reason.. I have moved here to Vienna a year ago for a job, and never drove in the city before buying my AM.. so to me everything is sort of new.. the other day it decided to take me on a rout of a million traffic lights (mind you my AM is manual ) before I got to the airport.. about 90 minutes.. where I have been to the airport before in 25 max.. I checked everything, never said to avoid highways, I made sure to check "fastest way", and still it took me through the most ridiculous rout..

I swear, I don't care about slow up keeping.. or too long input, if you really got me from point A to point B in the fastest way possible unless I specify otherwise..

Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
TomTom XXL 540TM World Traveler (Lifetime Traffic & Maps Edition) is the way to go if your travels bring you to both sides of the pond.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I feel for you guys, its the same Nav that I had in my XC90 V8....I wanted to punch myself in the face whenever I used it. Does the Aston Martin system use the steering wheel control and the remote? I wonder if they can be retrofitted to make it easier to use. Or if the screen can be replaced and a real car computer with Google Maps can be utilized.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:06 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
i dont really use the cord as it can run off its batteries. if i really need to i will just temporarily run the cord across the dash.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:55 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks everyone for the comments..

Originally Posted by lawin
I don't really use the cord as it can run off its batteries. if I really need to I will just temporarily run the cord across the dash.

@lawin: Thanks for the info. and you are right.. you don't need the wire all the time..

BTW, have you notices that most people use the AM factor Nav according to the poll, and none has talked about their experience with it.. just the ones frustrated

Old 09-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Auraraptor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gekko
I have it mounted just under the Rear View mirror and works very well. Not sure about the Gamin mounting bracket, but the TomTom is perfect for a snug fit under the mirror. (Picture attached)

To others - what's the problem with the Aston Martin Sat Nav?
- Loses the signal very easy
- Slow to keep up at high speeds
- Lanes changes & exit instructions very poor
- Poor Visual display
- Input takes too long
- Ok the kicker - I input the same address into the AM Sat Nav & my Tom Tom - The AM will take me in the most ridiculous routes every possible to man . . . and that my friends is what ticks me off! Sometimes I think the car just doesn't want to go home..

LoL!

I have to admit though, that is a nice setup. Which TomTom model and mount did you use?

Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 AM
This is my setting now

Old 09-25-2010, 10:21 PM
eatnow is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if Aston's have A/V inputs, but if so, you can have a Garmin GVN installed. I did that for my Infiniti that didn't come with factory navigation, and am planning on doing the same if/when I ever get my own Vantage.