Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Giddy New (to me) Vantage Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 PM
ssaa77 is on a distinguished road
Giddy New (to me) Vantage Owner

Purchased a 2007 Vantage coupe from a fellow 6speeder and spent the last two days (of sun in Seattle) on some fun (albeit short) drives. Been looking for something different for the last few months and finally settled on the Vantage. After a few good drives, I must say that the car is perfect for me.

I know I'm likely in the minority here, but the car has enough power for me. Sure, the throttle response could be quicker, but it's more than fine for 99% of what I do driving - and I don't and won't track this car. I've combed this forum for months trying to make a decision and have seen reference to the Vantage being not being superior in single categories, but that the sum of the parts create something really desireable. Can't really articulate it better myself.

I probably have new car syndrome and will probably gripe at some time in the near future (one early gripe I have is how bad the voice recognition is - can't tell you how many times I said "pair phone"). However, for now, I'm a HUGE fan and bummed that the rainy season is now upon us here in Seattle and won't probably give me a real driving day until the spring

Guess that's why I'm keeping the B8 S4!

Happy (safe) driving everyone. Glad great forums like this exist

Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Congrats and welcome! Oh by the way.....the car tracks wonderfully.....especially with the sport pack.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 AM
blayne is on a distinguished road
Congrats and post some pics when you get a chance.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:22 AM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
congrats on the car....

at least its rainy season, not snowy season...

Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 AM
blakegt3 is on a distinguished road
Congrats! I agree with all of the points in your post, which is why I am looking for one as well... Visited EuroCars in OC last week and got weak in the knees. Can't wait to buy one!

Enjoy it!

-Blake

Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Savile Row is on a distinguished road
Welcome

Check your oil. I've had an 07 and I traded for a new 09 last year. Both consumed oil (1/2 every 2500 miles). Just get in the habit of checking it. Read the manual to check. The dry sump system has unique steps to check it the oil properly. Also maintain service: every 10,000 miles or once a year whichever comes first. ENJOY!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Congrats ... have had no major issues w/ my "07 ... enjoy !!!

Old 11-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Welcome

Need to clarify (I can't type) I used 1/2 a QUART of oil every 2500 miles. Anyhow enjoy the car. They are rare, beautiful and fast.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys. When the rain stops, I'll try to snap some pics. Appreciate the words of advice on maintenance. Previous owner was meticulous and explained these things, but good to know there's a wealth of knowledge here if/when I have questions.

Man - I wish it would stop raining....

Old 11-23-2010, 06:39 PM
bill_hadley35 is on a distinguished road
Hey congrats on being a new Aston Martin Vantage owner! I'm quite jealous, but hope to own one some day. I really like the 2011 model...hey I can dream right?

Old 11-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys. It really is a step up from anything else I've ever owned. Hate the fact that I'm inclined to baby it. I'm sure if I just drove it in the rain and everything it would be just fine, but I just feel like it's fragile. Completely unjustified, hopefully it will pass and I will just drive it when I want.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
150shot is on a distinguished road
Pics or you dont own it...heheheh. Jk, great car =)

Old 11-30-2010, 04:52 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Congrats! Did you buy it from a local? Is it a black SS? A few of us try to get together every now and then,pm me your email if you want to join us.

If you dont have a wrap on the front end, consider it. I didn't do it, and the front of my car is toast. lots of chips. I put 7K miles on the car since Jan and the roads were not kind to the paint.

Mike

Last edited by DrScoles; 11-30-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Congrads to new Giddy Vantage owner

Congrads. Again, keep an eye on that oil. You'll get used to the rain and mud. You'll start to drive it more whenever you want. It's the potential parking lot "door dingers" that you will never be comfortable with.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:56 PM
DrScoles - I bought a charcoal grey one with matching oem wheels from a local fellow 6speeder. It's a 6sp. I, too, live in Sammamish and would love to meet up! Previous owner put the clear bra on at accutint when new, so looking clean. Considering the full hood/fender wrap, but thinking I might be ok. 7k on my S4 and it's dinged up like crazy - accutint won't wrap it until i get everything fixed, so I feel yah.

Savile Row - Definitely will keep an eye on the oil! Think I've put about 150 miles on the car since buying it over a month ago. We've had some bad snowy weather up here recently (which ultimately had my S4 on summer tires sliding down a hill), so she's really been sleeping. But now I'm heavily considering just driving it when it's just a tad warmer and not snowing! So you're right, I'm already giving in!

Need to take pics - i know - she already needs a bath and haven't been able to find a dry time to snap pics.

BTW - swapped out all the bulbs for the cool while LEDs recommended by folks on this forum. Looks great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Giddy New (to me) Vantage Owner