Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What to do if I have a flat tire?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
What to do if I have a flat tire?

To ensure I know what to do in the event that I get a flat tire, what am I suppose to do since there is no spare tire?

Old 12-22-2010, 06:50 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
1. Read your owner's manual.
2. Follow your owner's manual.
3. Call AAA.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Since you didn't get your owners manual with your car, you probably are also missing the "tire kit" that should have been in the trunk, containing a 12V air compressor, tire sealant, instructions etc.

You can go online to the Aston Martin site and, for a nominal fee, download the owners and service manuals, as well as other technical documentation for you car. It's well worth the investment.

Hope this information helps? and be sure to join the AMOC and perhaps we'll meet in person soon at a Northern California event?

Best regards and let the fun begin...

Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 AM
ptaylor_9849 is on a distinguished road
Allen, when I owned my Z06 I bought one of these from the tire rack. It's probably the exact same thing. http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38

Old 12-22-2010, 11:32 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
Allen, when I owned my Z06 I bought one of these from the tire rack. It's probably the exact same thing. http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38
Amazing! This kit is exactly the same as the one that came in my Aston. And for 80-bucks, it's a steal. I wonder how much A-M charges for the same kit?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DonL
Since you didn't get your owners manual with your car, you probably are also missing the "tire kit" that should have been in the trunk, containing a 12V air compressor, tire sealant, instructions etc.

You can go online to the Aston Martin site and, for a nominal fee, download the owners and service manuals, as well as other technical documentation for you car. It's well worth the investment.

Hope this information helps? and be sure to join the AMOC and perhaps we'll meet in person soon at a Northern California event?

Best regards and let the fun begin...
Geez, what else did mine not come with?! Thanks, I will make sure and get all of the documentation from AM's site. I'll also join AMOC. Thanks everyone!

Old 12-22-2010, 04:58 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Allen121
I'll also join AMOC. Thanks everyone!
Here's a link to contact AMOC-Western for membership info.

http://www.amoc.org/component/option...84/Itemid,224/

Old 11-12-2011, 11:19 AM
tjf06db9 is on a distinguished road
I just tried using the tire sealant & compressor to fix a falt on my DB9 last night. The left front tire was flat. I connected the AM supplied tire compressor & discovered the power cord is too short to reach the accessory outlet located in the right rear of the boot. Had to call someone to come help. They parked next to my car & I plugged into their lighter outlet and the thing worked. For cars this expensive you would think AM would do a better job of attending to something as basic as this. What a screw-up by AM!! Unbeleivable.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:42 PM
eelton is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tjf06db9
I connected the AM supplied tire compressor & discovered the power cord is too short to reach the accessory outlet located in the right rear of the boot.
Why couldn't you plug it into the power outlet in the cabin?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:02 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
+1 The cord should reach the tire if you had thought of using the power outlet in the car. This is not a screw-up by AM as you stated.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:50 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
3. Call AAA.
Flatbed for sure

Old 11-13-2011, 04:44 PM
facialcrunch is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Reading this post made me realize I didn't have one in my car. Just picked one up. Thanks for the info!

Old 11-14-2011, 12:27 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
I have never had to use a tire sealant kit before, so I was wondering what happens to the wheel once it is time to replace the tire? Is there any gunk/residue that gets left behind on the inside of the wheel? Is it a pain to clean off?

When possible, just wondering if it's a better idea to have your car towed to get the flat replaced instead of using the tire sealant and driving to the repair shop.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Although I have never done it, it's been said that the kit that comes with the car (Conti kit) can be used without the gunk -- you can just use the compressor without attaching the gunk can. Assuming this is possible and assuming it's not a really bad puncture, I would fill the tire with air and drive directly to your tire shop.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Although I have never done it, it's been said that the kit that comes with the car (Conti kit) can be used without the gunk -- you can just use the compressor without attaching the gunk can. Assuming this is possible and assuming it's not a really bad puncture, I would fill the tire with air and drive directly to your tire shop.
The owners manual explicitly describes how to use the compressor to inflate the tyre without using the gunk.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to do if I have a flat tire?