Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS Volante Market

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:37 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
DBS Volante Market

Does anyone know what the real market value is for 2010 DBS Volantes? I am considering one for my wife. We owned a DBS coupe with 6speed manual and liked it, but she wants a convertible and an automatic.

Thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
No one has any idea?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I've seen a few used DBS roadsters at dealerships. For the most part the cars are selling for about 245-250K. Most of these cars are about a year old and haven't really started to come back. The DBS coupe came out as economy was tanking and a lot of cars were showroom cars. I think that AM has limited the amount of special cars for the floor. Subsequently, people like myself, had to order and spec out their vehicle and wait for 2-3 months. So in general, the expectation and wait time makes you less likely to return the car after short ownership. So until the next "must-have" car comes long, I doubt that you're going to see so many that a great deal will be had. On a positive note, most of the DBS roadsters that I have seen have been automatics.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the reply/insight. I really appreciate it.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:52 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
This is what I would buy. I have seen this car in person. It is stunning. Of course I'm partial, my car is lightning silver and lords red.

http://orlandopreownedcollection.com...44/Orlando/FL/

Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Thats a nice looking one (arent they all?) This is the one the wife really likes. We might go check it out tomorrow.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=923920

Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 AM
That car looks a lot like my Vantage roadster. That's a great color combo. No break in price though. I saw a used one like that at FC Kerbeck in the fall and it sold in a week. I think the price was $249K.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Any pics of your Vantage Roadster? The color of that DBS is quantum. I saw in another thread that you have an X6m? I have an X5m, and its great. Only issue I have so far is the weirdest thing. The brakes squeal when I am in reverse, but not when going forward.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
My X6M has the same brake issue. It's funny, when I leave work in reverse. I'm told that it isn't an issue from the dealer. I do love the car. My only issue with the car is the problem getting winter wheels and tires. I can't find any. BMW apparently sells out in September. I'm in the northeast and we are getting hammered with ice and snow. I just bought a used Ford ranger to get by this year. Other than that, the car is tremendous. I have a couple of pics of my old Vantage. My profile has a bunch. It's funny, I keep trying to get my wife to get a Bentley convertible instead she chose a mini.

Attached Images   

Last edited by jaymoney; 02-01-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:15 AM
I drove my X5 m in the snow/ice a few weeks ago, nothing too crazy, but the tires that are on it are a joke in those conditions. Luckily we dont get a ton of snow/ice issues here in Tennessee.

Very nice color combo on the Vantage vert. My wife wanted a Bentley GTC speed, but I told her I wanted a coupe Supersports this time (we previously had an 07 GTC). When the SS verts come down in price, we may get one of those. We are actually in Atlanta today to look at that DBS vert and some other stuff.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by VBOXKING
I drove my X5 m in the snow/ice a few weeks ago, nothing too crazy, but the tires that are on it are a joke in those conditions. Luckily we dont get a ton of snow/ice issues here in Tennessee.

Very nice color combo on the Vantage vert. My wife wanted a Bentley GTC speed, but I told her I wanted a coupe Supersports this time (we previously had an 07 GTC). When the SS verts come down in price, we may get one of those. We are actually in Atlanta today to look at that DBS vert and some other stuff.
Good luck, let us know if you make the buy.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 PM
I ended up buying it today, and we drove it home from Atlanta. Car rocks. It has a bit more room (seat goes back further) than the coupe I had, and at 6'4, I need all the room I can get. For me and the wife, having it in an automatic makes the car so much more enjoyable. I will post some pictures and impressions as soon as I get a chance.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Congrats, it's a great car. I'd love to hear about your experiences with the transmission. I hear that this is one of the best autos out there. The one thing I will say about the engine. It is unlike other 500HP cars, the speed comes on a bit sneaky. if you're not careful you're on somebodies bumper or about to loose your license. It's a testament to the level of refinement accompanying all of that power. The other thing that will be interesting is who actually drives it more. The DBS is very intoxicating.