Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How to remove console fro 2009 Vantage

Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
How to remove console for 2009 Vantage

I want to run a wire to a switch that I am going to mount in the area of the smokers kit; to activate fuse 22. But need to remove the console. There is a good video on this forum on how to remove the bits for a 2006-2008 Vantage. I have removed the aluminium trim from behind the seat, but can not find a way to remove the rear most leather arm pad. Can anyone suggestion how to do this.

Last edited by millsjq; 02-12-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by millsjq
I want to run a wire to a switch that I am going to mount in the area of the smokers kit; to activate fuse 22. But need to remove the console. There is a good video on this forum on how to remove the bits for a 2006-2008 Vantage. I have removed the aluminium trim from behind the seat, but can not find a way to remove the rear most leather arm pad. Can anyone suggestion how to do this.
Don't bother. Just buy the remote-controlled bypass available from West Coast Corvettes. It plugs into the location of the fuse. You get a little key FOB that essentially activates/deactivates the circuit.

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-1...-c6z06zr1.aspx

Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Don't bother. Just buy the remote-controlled bypass available from West Coast Corvettes. It plugs into the location of the fuse. You get a little key FOB that essentially activates/deactivates the circuit.

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-1...-c6z06zr1.aspx
Have you actually tried this and got it to work? I did, and it wouldn't work for me because the way the wires to the fuse are oriented prevents it from fitting into the fuse socket.