Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Aston Martin Virage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
New Aston Martin Virage

From AutoBlog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/22/2...coupe-volante/

Looks nice, but seems to just be a DB9 with an updated body kit. I'm not sure where it really fits in...they should have just replaced the DB9 with this.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Don't particularly like it...seems overdone. Prefer a standard DB9 or the DBS for a more agressive look. And I really can't abide the Rapide style headlamps. I just don't like those LED trim lights like all the Audis have. Will soon be passe.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Doesn't work for me, either.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I would go Rapide or DB9 first ...

Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I just don't like those LED trim lights like all the Audis have. Will soon be passe.
They are likely to be stuck on every European car soon, DRLs are about to become compulsory over here. The UK fought against them, but we were outvoted

Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
the rear still looks dated. they seem to really be stuck with the same design language, not that it's not a beautiful one....but they seem to nip and tuck the same platform and sell it as an all-new car.....

Old 02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I don't care for this at all. This car is a DB9 with a body kit and an ecu flash. I don't know why AM doesn't call it a DB9.2 and go ahead with the complete overhaul in 2013. The other thing is the tiptronic II. Isn't that going in the wrong direction while every other manufacturer is on the second form of F1 or dual clutch systems? I understand the cygnet more than this. I don't see the position of this car in the range especially giving it a new name and trying to claim this it's a different model. The only way it would make sense is if they completely re do the DB9. Then at least, you would have the best of both possibilities to choose from. I get the feeling that this car is pointed at the Bentley buyer. I like it better when they point at Ferrari or Porsche.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I don't care for this at all. This car is a DB9 with a body kit and an ecu flash. I don't know why AM doesn't call it a DB9.2 and go ahead with the complete overhaul in 2013. The other thing is the tiptronic II. Isn't that going in the wrong direction while every other manufacturer is on the second form of F1 or dual clutch systems? I understand the cygnet more than this. I don't see the position of this car in the range especially giving it a new name and trying to claim this it's a different model. The only way it would make sense is if they completely re do the DB9. Then at least, you would have the best of both possibilities to choose from. I get the feeling that this car is pointed at the Bentley buyer. I like it better when they point at Ferrari or Porsche.

don't know why you're so unhappy, you own the best aston made in the last few decades

jk

Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I know that no Porsche 911 owner will complain about the lack of a redesign... lol!

Seriously, I like it. It wasn't broke, they didn't need to fix it. But I wish they would get more performance out of the V12.

Perhaps a supercharged version.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-24-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by maroli
don't know why you're so unhappy, you own the best aston made in the last few decades

jk
That's an excellent point.
I guess I'm just concerned about the brand.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
The latest Car and Driver indicates that AM is working with MB for future cars including possibly using the SLS frame and AMG engines for the next generation of the Vantage and DBx.

I'd like to see them get more performance out of their core engines, but it looks like they're going to ditch them completely soon, so they aren't going to invest any on substantial upgrades.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
From AutoBlog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/22/2...coupe-volante/

Looks nice, but seems to just be a DB9 with an updated body kit. I'm not sure where it really fits in...they should have just replaced the DB9 with this.
Meh... Remap and a stretched set of N400 sills....

Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
The latest Car and Driver indicates that AM is working with MB for future cars including possibly using the SLS frame and AMG engines for the next generation of the Vantage and DBx.

I'd like to see them get more performance out of their core engines, but it looks like they're going to ditch them completely soon, so they aren't going to invest any on substantial upgrades.
The history of this engine is pretty ancient. I don't think, without even variable valve timing, that they could meet emissions targets for this engine without serious overhaul. They *may* be able to address the fact that the specific output for these engines is low, but the cost/benefit tradeoff may just be unfavourable. That said, 30 hp more out of the large capacity v12 points to very little attempt made....

Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Holson is on a distinguished road
I like it a lot - when I first saw the pictures I thought it was the 'new' DB9! In fact I like the stylized LED-accented lights too.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:52 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maroli
The history of this engine is pretty ancient. I don't think, without even variable valve timing, that they could meet emissions targets for this engine without serious overhaul. They *may* be able to address the fact that the specific output for these engines is low, but the cost/benefit tradeoff may just be unfavourable. That said, 30 hp more out of the large capacity v12 points to very little attempt made....

20 hp, not 30

DB9: 470
Virage: 490
DBS: 510

Even the bump from DB9 to DBS is a little too small, but this...
Some model differentiation, isn't it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Aston Martin Virage