Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Best Car for The money

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 AM
kof
kof is infamous around these parts
Best Car for The money

hey i didn't know where to put this thread but since this is one of the car choices i have decided to post here, i am a new member looking for help in choosing my next car, my budget is 60-75k i am will to go a bit more for a better car , but these are my choices for now, AM v8, Bentley continental gt, Nissan gt-r, i know of all the insurance, maintenance etc it is not a big deal but i don't want to see the car in the shop every week either, i will be using this as a daily summer car only.i live in canada if that matters. so basically what car is best for the money and will hold its value in the long run. i do like tho show off a little with my cars, i have been threw BMW's and Mercedes they are just not my cup of tea anymore, so if anyone else has other cars i may look into please let me know any help would appreciated, or am i better off saving a bit more and buy a gallardo or something?,

Thanks In Advance

Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Vantage is a great reliable car, you won't be disappointed. It has a little bit of everything.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kof
hey i didn't know where to put this thread but since this is one of the car choices i have decided to post here, i am a new member looking for help in choosing my next car, my budget is 60-75k i am will to go a bit more for a better car , but these are my choices for now, AM v8, Bentley continental gt, Nissan gt-r, i know of all the insurance, maintenance etc it is not a big deal but i don't want to see the car in the shop every week either, i will be using this as a daily summer car only.i live in canada if that matters. so basically what car is best for the money and will hold its value in the long run. i do like tho show off a little with my cars, i have been threw BMW's and Mercedes they are just not my cup of tea anymore, so if anyone else has other cars i may look into please let me know any help would appreciated, or am i better off saving a bit more and buy a gallardo or something?,

Thanks In Advance
You've got to be kidding...

These cars aren't even remotely comparable, so to suggest which is the 'best' is crazy. They are SOOOO different it ain't funny.

You've got a pure GT cruiser, an all-out track beast, and a sporting car. You better narrow your choices to a single category before asking for a 'best'.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:19 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
The are each best at something. The GT R feels completely at odds with the Bentley. I cant imagine how they might be considered for the same purpose.

The Bentley is too laid back for me. Too old man.
The GT R is too video game for my liking, but I have not driven one. It is apparently a monster. If you aren't going to tear it up, I would pass.

For me the Aston is a more old school, viceral experience. People claim they are soft, but I have tracked it,mand it surprised people. The steering is great as are the brakes nthe exhaust note is fantastic (no fuse 22), it handles very predictably. You can hang the rear out and smile with ease.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:21 PM
kof
kof is infamous around these parts
i know they are in different categories and cannot be comparable but i really like all 3 of them i forgot to mention I have never owned a Sports car, all my cars have been luxury, but once in my life i would like to own something that is fast if there are any other cars you would suggest let me know, but i really like those 3 above mentioned cars as i am leaning towards a gt-r because of the all in one purpose awd 530hp, daily use, but then again its a Nissan in the end of the day and it wouldn't attract much attention to the average person

Old 01-15-2012, 08:45 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
If you are cross shopping a GT-R with an AM V8V, you aren't the type who would be happy with the V8V.

I suspect 99% of AM owners would never consider a GT-R

Old 01-15-2012, 08:52 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Sounds like an R8 might also be worth looking into. You get AWD, a semi-automatic tranny and they are very livable. A big BMW M6 might also work, I would even consider the Merc SL cars. They do luxury and speed.

I will say, most sports cars are not nearly as livable as you might think. As serial sports car drivers, you work your way up to the little things like, driving into steep driveways, lower sight lines, cabin noise, pedal effort, reversing etc.

I think you need to spend time in a bunch of sports cars. Figure out how low you want to sit?
how much noise you like?
how many creature comforts you need?
how much storage?
do you need more than two seats?
How frequently do you want to drive it?
Do you want something 'sporty', or do you want all out performance?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Actually, one of our 6speed friends owns a V8V and a GTR. Very different cars no doubt, but I can see the merits of each.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 PM
ENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by black penguin
Sounds like an R8 might also be worth looking into. You get AWD, a semi-automatic tranny and they are very livable. A big BMW M6 might also work, I would even consider the Merc SL cars. They do luxury and speed.

I will say, most sports cars are not nearly as livable as you might think. As serial sports car drivers, you work your way up to the little things like, driving into steep driveways, lower sight lines, cabin noise, pedal effort, reversing etc.

I think you need to spend time in a bunch of sports cars. Figure out how low you want to sit?
how much noise you like?
how many creature comforts you need?
how much storage?
do you need more than two seats?
How frequently do you want to drive it?
Do you want something 'sporty', or do you want all out performance?
This....

Also seems you are younger. Maybe around my age. I would say if you are under 30 and this is the first time you are looking into a sports car and want a fun , remarkably fast monster get the GT-R. As you get older you will not want harsh ride quality anymore.

What are you currently driving?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:58 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kof
i am leaning towards a gt-r because of the all in one purpose awd 530hp, daily use
I think you've had your choice figured out. But definitely suggest to test drive each of 3 options on your list and go from there.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 AM
maroli is infamous around these partsmaroli is infamous around these parts
2007 911 GT3. I'd consider the GT-R only if I were driving through winter as well, otherwise it's all rwd for me.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
CPB
CPB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner

That puts me in the 1%

Old 01-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CPB
That puts me in the 1%
And we are the 99%.

Personally, I suspect that the percentage who would't even consider a GTR is much smaller than 99%. While I don't think I'd buy one, I at least have thought about it. Bet it would be lots of fun to drive and not all that expensive.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:34 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
2007 997tt....

Old 01-16-2012, 11:38 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
If you are cross shopping a GT-R with an AM V8V, you aren't the type who would be happy with the V8V.

While I'd never buy one for myself I do appreciate the car for what it is. Whenever I see one I still am impressed. However putting the GT-R, Bentley, and AM together makes very little sense to me. I could possibly see a Bentley and AM but the GT-R does throw me off.

One other thing to keep in mind is maintenance. If you are concerned with cost the maintenance on these cars isn't cheap. Tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. are all quite costly in comparison with Mercedes or BMW for example. If you are looking for a car still under warranty the location of the nearest dealership might be a concern too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Car for The money