Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Road Trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Road Trip

With the weather so wonderful in North Texas today, I started dreaming about a road trip in the Aston. I am seriously thinking about zipping to Austin and the hill country for some great BBQ and music. I doubt it works out, but having the car in Monterey during the classic car week would be grand too.

Anyone else planning a road trip in their car? If so, where and when?

Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 PM
brabham79 is on a distinguished road
sounds cool. i just had one last weekend up from orange county via pch to monterey, sacramento to see doug benson and napa for drinkin.
i love road tripping this car. thoroughly fun

Old 01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
I have done the Austin/Lake Travis road trip from Dallas driving the back roads and had a blast. If you come up with a good trip let us know and maybe I can follow

Last fall we drove out to NC/SC/TN for the fall leaves and drove Tail of Dragon, truly some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wingnut2u
I have done the Austin/Lake Travis road trip from Dallas driving the back roads and had a blast. If you come up with a good trip let us know and maybe I can follow

Last fall we drove out to NC/SC/TN for the fall leaves and drove Tail of Dragon, truly some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen.
I'd be interested as well - I'm sure even some of the Austin guys would like to tag along.

I hear the Tail of Dragon is great, haven't been yet. Also, I hear AR has some nice roads as well.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
This was on my Road Trip last summer from Lake Tahoe, NV to Seattle, WA. Picture was taken near Red Bluff, CA (HWY 36) going to Eureka, CA and up the Coast to Seattle. After about an hour my wife said, "How much futher?" and I said, " Oh, About 70 miles )

Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2012, 05:28 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kba
I'd be interested as well - I'm sure even some of the Austin guys would like to tag along.
I live at the start of the hill country and know some great roads. let me know if you make it down and I would be happy to tag along and show you some great spots!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
I was lucky enough to take the original 'Vantage C' from San Diego to Vancouver. Bucket List...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 AM
CTP855 is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking of a road trip as well. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until the weather clears up here in the midwest. We've had a relatively mild winter so far, but the past couple of weeks have brought us periods of freezing rain and icy roads. I haven't driven my car in about three weeks, as it sits in my garage with the battery conditioner/charger hooked up.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I would be in for something from Dallas down to Austin. I just got home from skiing, it was 78F and sunny, I just had to get the top down and go for a quick spin. Another good local ride is west of ft. Worth near possum kingdom lake. I have a place out there and have been dreaming about driving those roads ever since I bought the car. Hwy. 16, 337, 4 are all really good windy roads with little to no traffic.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
mark higinbotha is on a distinguished road
I just returned to Seattle from a 10 day 3000 mile road trip to pick up my 09 Vantage from Dallas. Spent 2 days in Phoenix at the Barrett Jackson auto auction then Palm Springs, San Luis Obispo, Carmel (see attached pic), SF, Napa, Portland. Had a wonderful time getting acquainted with the manual trans and seeing family and friends along the way.

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:17 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
That sounds like a long trip. Nice car.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Did an epic road trip when I first got the car... The day I bought my db9! Drove from south Florida upto Baltimore md! In the first week I had the car I logged over 1200 miles! Lol def a great long distance car the db9... Eats up the miles in stylish comfort with a sporty feel and throaty roar!! ... Proper write up and photo shoot coming when the weather cooperates

Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I'm thinking maybe early April for the Hill Country trip.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
While I hate to wait, I'm thinking April for the Hill Country trip.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by scottblack
While I hate to wait, I'm thinking April for the Hill Country trip.
Check out Hill Country Drives http://www.hillcountrydrives.com/

I am going to go on their Saturday drive this weekend for the first time. I think they usually do a planned drive (route/lunch/pics etc) every couple months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road Trip