Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage engine stalling !!!???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
misfire adapt procedure attached.

If you have ECU access, modify dashpot decay rate for stall when coming to stop.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Adaptive learning procedure.pdf (65.8 KB, 796 views)
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
misfire adapt procedure attached.

If you have ECU access, modify dashpot decay rate for stall when coming to stop.
It's amazing how many cars I get from other garages that can't figure out whats going on..engine is misfiring and there is no check engine light lit..they spent hourrrss diagnosing and finally give up and send us the car..I run my AMDS and find out the corections aren't stored..run the road test to relearn them and bingo misfire on cyl X....pay me know or pay me later..LOL

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by irish07
It's amazing how many cars I get from other garages that can't figure out whats going on..engine is misfiring and there is no check engine light lit..they spent hourrrss diagnosing and finally give up and send us the car..I run my AMDS and find out the corections aren't stored..run the road test to relearn them and bingo misfire on cyl X....pay me know or pay me later..LOL
AMDS costs a mint as you know. Most OBD testers don't show these custom PIDs but FoCOM from http://www.obdtester.com/focom does a great job for just a couple hundred bucks. It has been customized at my request to work on the AMV8 platform.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
AMDS costs a mint as you know. Most OBD testers don't show these custom PIDs but FoCOM from http://www.obdtester.com/focom does a great job for just a couple hundred bucks. It has been customized at my request to work on the AMV8 platform.
That looks awesome..but do I see that right, there's a Hex editor? hehe..little more than just a DTC and datalogger program ..might be worth me looking into

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Wish I had some way of reading out whether the misfire corrections were relearned when I use that procedure. It's tough to find a stretch of road were you can do three succssive 110-45 kmh acceleration/coast cycles without touching the brakes. I occasionally still get stalls when decelerating (only seems to happen when the car is well warmed up - a couple hours of spirited driving for eg and when I'm coasting at low speed, for e.g. with the clutch depressed, foot off the accelerator heading to a red light). Fortunately the starter button has never let me down in situations like that but it's annoying when it happens.

I'm pretty sure I've done a successful relearn but again, have no way of confirming that wo a trip to the dealer.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Wish I had some way of reading out whether the misfire corrections were relearned when I use that procedure. It's tough to find a stretch of road were you can do three succssive 110-45 kmh acceleration/coast cycles without touching the brakes. I occasionally still get stalls when decelerating (only seems to happen when the car is well warmed up - a couple hours of spirited driving for eg and when I'm coasting at low speed, for e.g. with the clutch depressed, foot off the accelerator heading to a red light). Fortunately the starter button has never let me down in situations like that but it's annoying when it happens.

I'm pretty sure I've done a successful relearn but again, have no way of confirming that wo a trip to the dealer.
The correct OBD2 reader will tell you if misfire adapt is learned or not plus a lot more.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Ok thanks. I received one from RSC to download/upload tunes. What do I look for to determine whether this reader will do the job?

Old 08-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
Does anyone have the fix for the stall issue? Today, mine stalled while approaching a red light, clutch pedal depress and in neutral. Engine just shut off. I restarted and it was fine. Car is a 2013 Vantage manual. Seems others in this thread have the same issue.

Thanks Mark

Last edited by Mark8V8; 08-16-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:36 AM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mark8V8
Does anyone have the fix for the stall issue? Today, mine stalled while approaching a red light, clutch pedal depress and in neutral. Engine just shut off. I restarted and it was fine. Car is a 2013 Vantage manual. Seems others in this thread have the same issue.

Thanks Mark
Was it hot when it happened? Also what color is your car?

For me it only happened on two days when it was over 95 degrees and stop & go traffic.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:14 AM
No it was 8:30 PM and 64 F outside. I have heard some relief but not always the same fix. Some claim a software update resolved it and some claim the fix is a new vent line leading from the gas tank to the engine. My car was built in April 13 so I doubt there is a vent line issue.

Mark

Old 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mark8V8

Thanks Mark
A friend 2013 S did something similar apparently the dealers and factory are aware of an issue which they have a fix for.
Sorry to be vague that's all I know
Get it to your dealer

Old 08-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks, if possible ask your friend. I understand maybe a ECU flash may be the fix.
I will contact the dealer to see if they know about this.

Thanks

Mark

Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 PM
RicoDB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like fuel pressure sensor in the injection system

Old 04-23-2014, 06:41 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Rico, you do know that you have been replying to threads that are over half a year old and in some case over 1.5 years old with the same exact reply, right? Or are you trying to build up your message count.

Last edited by karlfranz; 04-23-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:47 PM
RicoDB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
My message count...lol... I had 12 and I needed 15 to get a private message to Irish re: the Coast Down Procedure. I will post the answer as soon as he replies. Actually I didn't realize they were so old until about 10 minutes ago.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage engine stalling !!!???