Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage engine stalling !!!???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I suspected as much, which explains the duplicate messages.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Ha! Think I should start opening my own Hotline..hmm maybe my own shop..LOL :-P

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-24-2014, 04:44 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Thank God for 6Speed. Just imagine how alone and frustrated I/we would be if I/we didn't have the connections and information available through this source, and others like it.

Information is power.

I believe this is the reason service writers can no longer use, "They all do that", with impunity.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Probably dirty injectors, just buy two cans of Seafoam injector cleaner and pour it in the gas tank, then run the **** out of the car for the whole tank, that should flush out all the gunk and clean up the cylinders better than anything else short of doing and injector cleaner service (much more expensive option).

Old 12-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Rnstern is an unknown quantity at this point
Same problem

Same issue with my db 9 manual. AM could not replicate. No computer code office problem. AM would not address. Death trap.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Same problem

Same issue with my db 9 manual. AM would not address. Car is a death trap. Sold back to the selling dealer and filed complaint with NHTSA.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:27 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rnstern
Same issue with my db 9 manual. AM would not address. Car is a death trap. Sold back to the selling dealer and filed complaint with NHTSA.
I take it based on every single one of your posts that you think your DB9 was a death trap so you sold it back to the dealer and are filing a complaint with the NHTSA. Or did I read that wrong several times?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:07 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by telum01
I take it based on every single one of your posts that you think your DB9 was a death trap so you sold it back to the dealer and are filing a complaint with the NHTSA. Or did I read that wrong several times?
I think you're mistaken! What planet is this guy from? Not enough patience to allow the dealer to rectify the problem, but dig up a dozen 4 year old threads to complain about the car? Wow!

Old 12-19-2014, 10:09 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ArtB
I think you're mistaken! What planet is this guy from? Not enough patience to allow the dealer to rectify the problem, but dig up a dozen 4 year old threads to complain about the car? Wow!
I sent him a pm earlier this evening to warn him that I'd be deleting his posts and ban him for spam if he continued. He made his point and he got rid of his car so I doubt he'll be around any longer.

Let's all carry on with our lives

Old 12-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Don't get it

Don't understand the responses. THE DEALER REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE OR LOOK FOR A PROBLEM BEYOND THE COMPUTER WHICH DID NOT SHOW ANYTHING WRONG.trying to warn others. If this is not what the admin wants in their site, am happy to go go away. Good luck if you have the car.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Rnstern
Don't understand the responses. THE DEALER REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE OR LOOK FOR A PROBLEM BEYOND THE COMPUTER WHICH DID NOT SHOW ANYTHING WRONG.trying to warn others. If this is not what the admin wants in their site, am happy to go go away. Good luck if you have the car.
It's likely a faulty fuel vapor recirculation line that sucks up extra fuel and dumps it into the engine bay via the intake manifold. It has nothing to do with the computer aside from the computer not expecting the extra fuel. Like I said in my PM, all this information has been documented on the forum.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:22 PM
thanks

I appreciate your input and can only go regret that AM in florida or the company rep did not know what apparently you do.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:34 AM
btoafrica is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by khalid
well i actually has this problem its goes away for some time and just comes back suddenly i had this problem my 07 vantage sport shift heat up the car let it warm up a bit drive away all good after 20 or 30 min of driving i go into a slow moving street my foot on the brake gear is on first slowly crawling then when the street stops my foot is still on brake and 1 st and i am idle the rev goes up slight the car jitter then shuts off i had to go on N and start it again work ok its happens also sometime when on N and i am stopped suddenly the the RPM goes little up and down then the car shuts off . the problem just went away on its own then reappeared months later a couple of times still didn't figure out whats the problem and the maximum service the dealer here can offer is oil change i doubt they will be able to figure it out
I recently had the same problem. The senario discribed above is almost exactly what happened to me. Does anyone know if there is a permanent fix for this ?

Old 06-11-2017, 08:37 AM
btoafrica is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by khalid
well i actually has this problem its goes away for some time and just comes back suddenly i had this problem my 07 vantage sport shift heat up the car let it warm up a bit drive away all good after 20 or 30 min of driving i go into a slow moving street my foot on the brake gear is on first slowly crawling then when the street stops my foot is still on brake and 1 st and i am idle the rev goes up slight the car jitter then shuts off i had to go on N and start it again work ok its happens also sometime when on N and i am stopped suddenly the the RPM goes little up and down then the car shuts off . the problem just went away on its own then reappeared months later a couple of times still didn't figure out whats the problem and the maximum service the dealer here can offer is oil change i doubt they will be able to figure it out
I recently had the exact same problem, the senario is very similar to the description above. Does anyone know if there is a permanent solution for this problem ?

Old 06-11-2017, 01:32 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
This won't be your answer but maybe it'll help somebody else in the future.

I'd been dealing with persistent stalling off idle for 8 months after I had the VAP clutch installed. I went back to the dealer, he scratched his head and gave me the deer in headlights look. So when I was in LA in January I went to Newport Bch and Galpin [1st and 3rd in the country by volume] because I knew they would service more cars, run into more issues, Newport no help, Galpin, the tech remembered there was something but couldn't remember exactly what but took my phone number. I got home to a message "misfire correction factors would have to be reset to match the new flywheel and that was a probable cause". So I started investigating that and thru Irish's help understood the parameters of the 2010 in particular [an odd year with a running change in that the factors are lost if battery disconnected, to later factors held when battery disconnect]. When I got a Service Engine Immediately light and got to the dealer I added that to what to check [they did not, and after they came back saying the code pointed to an airbox, and that airbox had been repaired with epoxy, after just having the service done at Summit, now I had a different reason to be irritated at having to replace [$800 total from diagnose to installed] an airbox I believe Summit broke when doing my service.

Sorry for getting off track. So I started keeping records of the stalls looking for commonalities while I was waiting for the airbox to come in [almost 3 months!] and in that span it never went more than 11 days without a stall.

Airbox installation, I made sure misfire correction factors were on the page, and he found, there were NO factors store in my computer. I have an early 2010.

I did a coast down procedure 30 days ago and it has not stalled since.

Until last night, but this wasn't like before. Last night it seemed a little rough at idle so I kicked the gas, up to 3500/4000 and as the tach came back down it did not stop at idle, went straight to zero and all lights came on. So I'll be tracking this, but it was different than what I had experienced over those stalling 8 months.

So Missfire Correction factors is extremely important and a sole reason for Vantage Stalling, and a coast down procedure is the cure to store new factors in the computer.

So anybody having a stalling issue I would recommend doing a Coast Down procedure. It cannot hurt.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 06-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.