Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fuel Injector Cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Easy to buy, just bought it at Autozone locally. About 8-10 USD per can. Very common for 2 and 4 cycle engines, especially marine to keep the water count down.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Can anyone post a pic of this "seafoam" ...or a link to product info? Perhaps a list of where to source it...assuming it's over the counter thinking Advanced Autoparts, Autozone, Napa, Pep boys etc...etc... is that correct?

Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
... People! GIYF!

Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
For what it's worth, my local AM dealer recommends the Chevron-Techron product. They said not so much for cleaning the injectors (as not many modern cars have this issue) but rather because it helps to clean-out the carbon build up in the engine. They told me under no circumstances to add in any additives to the motor oil.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Correct, do not add anything to the oil, just the fuel system via the gas tank

Just google it under google mages, it has a red and white label

Old 05-18-2012, 04:29 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
So a few days ago I emptied a 20 oz. bottle of Chevron's Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner into my tank. It took me a few days but I just ran through the entire tank and have the following observations:

- the ticking noise which I have noticed for some time now appears to have been reduced...i'd say a good 50% at least.

- gas mileage has improved....I used to get about 225 miles to the tank before the low gas indicator light would turn on. Now, it turned on at about 250 miles.

Overall, car runs great. My local AM dealer suggests that I run the Techron every 3 -5 trips to the pump to keep the engine free of carbon build-up. That seems like a bit excessive to me. I will probably stick with the every 3K miles as indicated on the product label.

Also, folks should know that Chevron makes a few different Techron products, each of which you mix in with your gas. I first went over to Costco because I remembered seeing a big case of Chevron fuel injector cleaner. It turns out that the Costco stuff is Chevron ProGuard. The ProGuard products all use the same Techron additive but in much lower concentrations. According to Chevron, there is about 100% more active ingredient in the Techron Concentrate product which allows it to clean combustion chamber deposits. The ProGuard products can't do this.

So, I left Costco and found the Techron Concentrate at a local O'Reilly's. And the TEchron Concentrate was on sale! Buy 1 get 1 free . The 20 oz. bottle runs for about $12. Probably the cheapest maintenance you can do on our cars...

Old 05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Chevron Techron is good stuff...Redline fuel system additive is another good one. I've used both multiple times on multiple cars. Now I'm using BG44K at 5K miles intervals. Interested to try the seafoam maybe also, see how that works.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I looked up the MSDS for Seafoam last wk ... Pretty simple stuff, it's a combo of three things, rubbing alcohol (IPA), lighter fluid (naphtha) in a light fraction oil base. Doesn't mean it doesn't work. IINM, the naphtha will effectively give the tank an octane boost.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Thanks for posting macksamus.

After reading this post I bough two cans of the seafoam, I dumped one in the wifes Lexus at the gas station and the car really does seem to run smoother, it had some slight engine noises previous.

I have not driven the Aston enough yet to give it a try, but not having ever used something like this before I am going to try Seafoam next fillup and the Cevron the following.