Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 w/H&R sport springs - HRE P44SC next...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
looks awesome! makes me very excited to be also ordering from HRE's new SC series.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:58 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Lol not droppin any turds LR bud this is a public discussion forum just giving an opinion as people do on public forums. Your car looks great, the wheels look fantastic, the stance looks great also. I always like it when the brakes fill up the wheels, just my opinion. Others may agree or disagree it's upto them. If I want to clean the barrels I simply remove the wheels to do so, but most of the times I don't, if you use a gentle cleaner and hose out the barrel that works super well too. Not everyone will agree with every little bitty thing everyone does or likes on a forum, that is what adds value to the discussion. Without that we would all be yes men and there would be no value, just narcissism which would go unchecked and would comprimise the quality of the forums membership.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:07 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
With all due respect, I didn't ask for opinions.

You call what you said keeping narsissism in check b/c it would compromise the quality of the forum? Seriously? Surely that was typed with tounge firmly planted in your cheek? If not, I'd have to reply; pot meet kettle......

My momma always told me, if you can't say something nice..... well, you know the rest. Sage advice I have to say?

Old 07-20-2012, 03:12 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ lol LR you posted on an open discussion public forum. You don't have to ask for opinions, people have the right to reply as they wish and give their opinions, that is the whole point of an open discussion forum. I always like brakes filling up the wheel that's my opinion, and thats on every car not just DB9. If you don't like that it's fine, to each their own, but everyone has a right to voice their opinion. If you don't like what people have to say good or bad then don't post. Period. Take your ball and go play in another
sandbox. It is this freedom to post how we feel and what we think openly as our opinions which adds value to the discussion in an open forum platform at the end of the day.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yvr
Simply stunning
This is all that needs to be said.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Sunir, IT IS MY OPINION that you take yourself and your opinions a little to seriously..... Nobody cares that you like to have the brakes fill up the wheel. I surely don't Please, take your opinion AND your drama elsewhere.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Hahaha you crack me up bro, no drama here just callin it like I see it and this is a public open discussion forum, to which I've broken no rules. Voicing ones opinion on a modification is what this forum is about, take it or leave it... Anyway no biggie we all don't have to agree on everything, nice car man...

Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 AM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
Wheel sizes and fitment

This is a very informative debate. I am considering putting P40 SC HREs on my Vantage V8, and have been trying to sort out what size to go with.

There are trade-offs in ride, handling, appearance, wheel clean-ability and other factors to consider. So far it seems best (today, for me anyway) stay with the original wheel diameter. My existing wheels are a real pain to clean so almost anything will be an improvement. Everybody has their own set of tradeoffs and preferences, these are just mine.

I am really concerned though that a high end outfit like HRE could not get this wheel right straight away. I mean, that is their business, to know what fits and what does not. I don't think a customer should ever put the wheel on and have it hit the caliper.

It makes we wonder if they would get the offsets right.

Has anybody put any of the new HREs on a 2009 forward V8V?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
LRDog, the wheels are perfect (and so are the brakes) - I compliment your good taste!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AstonAddict
This is a very informative debate. I am considering putting P40 SC HREs on my Vantage V8, and have been trying to sort out what size to go with.
PM sent.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:46 AM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
holy fn smokes.....nicest wheels ive seen on an AM. Great job LRDog and HRE....

I bought a set of HREs not too long ago, and I will say, their customer service is second to none. They really go out of their way to help and take care of their customers...

Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Great job, the wheels look so much sportier it almost give makes the DB9 dimensions look more like the vantage because of the improves stance and wheel size. The car looks MUCH sportier and the body no longer overwhelms the wheels like in stock form.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AstonAddict
Has anybody put any of the new HREs on a 2009 forward V8V?
AstonAddict, if you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at LonM@hrewheels.com or call the office at 760-598-1960.

I'm sure speaking with me directly or the original poster or others within this thread, will give you piece of mind.

In the particular case Aston Martin update their brakes in later model years. But rest assure we guarantee the brake fitment.

Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 07-23-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:46 PM
^^^ HRE is a first class organization. What happened with my wheels/calipers was a fluke. That stuff happens but, what is important to take away from my experience is how HRE handled the issue. I am an extremely satisfied customer and will absolutely buy from them again. In the meantime, I will recommend them when ever I have the opportunity.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:26 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 w/H&R sport springs - HRE P44SC next...