Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pirelli PZero Corsas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Would recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Should be able to get them installed for around $1400

Old 07-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Heard good things about the Super Sports. Has anyone seen a comparison between them and the Corsas?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
Even better if someone tried the super sports

Old 07-08-2012, 07:56 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Believe your corsas on the V12V are R compound, correct? If so, they will be stickier but not last as long and suffer in the cold or wet.

The super sports are amazing for a non R compound tire. Huge difference to the old stones they were replaced with. These will be at home on a DD or at a track (though not as sticky as an R compound). I feel they have helped my confidence in the twisties and the additional 5lb weight savings per tire in weight over my old stones makes for a nice drop in unsprung weight.

Amit-If you make it back down to Austin, you can take my car for a spin to get a feel for them.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
^^^They are R-compound. Wonder how close the Super Sports come in terms of grip. They'd have to be close for me to switch to them, even with the greater longevity.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:28 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
^^^They are R-compound. Wonder how close the Super Sports come in terms of grip. They'd have to be close for me to switch to them, even with the greater longevity.
No they are not R-compound. You have them mixed up with Pilot Sport Cups.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I had read somewhere online that the Corsas were R-compound, but then again, it may have just been a post from another forum.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I had read somewhere online that the Corsas were R-compound, but then again, it may have just been a post from another forum.
Thought you were commenting about the Super Sports. Corsas are R compound. However, of all the R compound tires, they (and the Michelin Sport Cups) probably are the least grippy, but they last longer than most others.

Serious auto-Xers use other than Corsas or Super Cups....Hoosiers, BFG, Kumho tend to be the tires of choice.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I'm not thaat serious.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
PM you but it can't go through not sure y. try to PM me your emaill

Old 07-09-2012, 05:46 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Heard good things about the Super Sports. Has anyone seen a comparison between them and the Corsas?
The recent issue of Car and Driver (August 2012) has a test of nine High Performance Tires. The Pirelli P Zero came in Last, Hankook was the middle of the pack at number 4, And the best by a fairly big margin was the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Did they test the P Zero Corsas or the regular P Zeros? There's a big difference.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
its Pirelli PZero Rosso, never used them but a friend told me they are not remotely closed to the corsa.

i think this is it
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests

Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Did they test the P Zero Corsas or the regular P Zeros? There's a big difference.
Racer-the Corsa's are an R-Compund. These would be compared to other R compounds. The Super Sports were compared to other extreme summer tires (P Zero etc)

No 32-your link above is incorrect with wrong tires (ps2) and very dated (2005). The test you linked is from Aug 2012.

Here are the tires compared and order of ranking (have the mag but no link yet):

In order of placement:
1. Michelin PSS
2. Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position
3. Yokohama Advan Neova AD08
4. Hankook Ventus R-S3
5. Continental Extremecontact DW
6. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
7. Toyo Proxes R1R
8. Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
9. Pirelli P Zero

Last edited by DetomasoGTS74; 07-09-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:45 PM
You right just noticed Send me the the link please
Called but no answer will call again tomorrow