Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Nice write up of the new Vanquish on InsideLine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Nice write up of the new Vanquish on InsideLine

http://www.insideline.com/aston-mart...-vanquish.html

Not a full test drive, but still interesting.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my impression of the Vanquish II...

Meh !

Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Here's my impression of the Vanquish II...

Meh !
Yep. I just feel it isn't as special as the original.......like they're just using the name in order to sell units, not actual make another special car.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
It's just a shame they couldn't juice 600+ hp from this new version.
599's will eat it alive.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Not impressed w new vanq for the simple fact that it's performance to dollar ratio isnt fitting of this pricepoint. Sure it looks nice but it looks like the offspring of a one77 and DB9...which while again is beautiful, would just want something more unique and "extra exotic" setting it apart for what it is and at it's pricepoint. For the money they will ask my hard earned dollar goes to Ferrari for the 458 or mclaren mp4-12c (both of which are actually cheaper then the vanq) or a no contest choice at the similar price point, the all new F12 Berlinetta!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by plastique999
It's just a shame they couldn't juice 600+ hp from this new version.
599's will eat it alive.
Not at night it won't. The 599 has crummy headlights.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 AM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Nice write up. Good looking car. I like the new integrated rear spoiler. Not sure about that front splitter...yet.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The ne Vanq has grown on me. After seeing it in other colors, I think it looks stunning. Too bad it's not available in a manual stick though. Lots of competition in this price range. Would be hard for me to choose between the Vanquish, the F12, and the McLaren Spider.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:24 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Love the car except the front splitter, maybe in body color in person it will look better. I think this is the best looking Aston to date! Not being worthy of the Vanquish I think is sour grapes, this looks better, has what I consider the nicest looking interior, will out perform the orginal and be much less costly to maintain. If I only could afford it, hopefully after 4 years old I can by a used one and sell my Vantage

Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
And on the same note, here's a video:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/n...-vanquish-test

Old 09-06-2012, 08:26 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
personally, i love the new Vanquish. sure, it could be more powerful, but that's just a numbers game or it's for people that have to have all the power they can get. i drove a 2005 Gallardo earlier this year and HATED it, despite its extra 100 hp compared to my V8V. i got out of the Gallardo thinking "i want my car back." hp and 0-60 times are nice and all, but the actual driveability of a car is much more important to me.

as for the looks, i think it looks fantastic. the front splitter does look a bit busy from some angles, but it's a hell of a lot better looking than the Virage's catfish valance, which i think looks terrible (in pics and in person). between the new Vanquish and the One-77, i love the design AM is starting to move towards. it's getting much more modern while staying classy. i will say, though, that i hate the weird stitching they're starting to use on their seats. the V12 Vagato's seats look awful (is the stitching supposed to look like muscle fibers??), and the pattern in the Vanquish's seats are pushing it (the ones in the autocar vid that spinecho posted).

i'd buy a new Vanquish in a heartbeat if i had the means.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I like its looks, but I don't love its looks. IMO it has become far too trendy -- there are too many lines, creases, etc. The sides have too much going on -- the extra emphasis on the fender curves, and the huge extended crease from the fender vent running along the door (with a huge chrome piece on it), and the line at the lower portion of the door, and the sills... The front splitter has already been discussed. It's become far too busy and fussy. It's more modern, yes, but it doesn't look as good. Also, the interior is too busy and fussy -- the stitching is very overdone, IMO (though some of that is, hopefully, optional). Why are the side air vent surrounds so enormous? Must you now have the nav screen open just to see what the ventilation and radio settings are (not sure, but it looks like it)?

If it sounds like I dislike it, I don't -- I think the overall shape is very nice and it looks good generally, but I do not like how it's become so fussy. The current cars' designs are so uncluttered -- clean and classy, and I think they will age far better than the fussy, blingy, overly-creased new one.

Regarding performace and price: 1) the F12 is certainly far faster, but (aside from the IMO ridiculousness of 730 hp) it is also FAR more expensive than the new Vanquish. The F12 is likely going to be near $400K, while the Vanquish will be closer to $300K. 2) Compared to a 458 or MP4-12C, the Vanquish will be more money (depending on options) and not as fast, but the Vanquish is a very different kind of car, so I don't think saying it's not as fast is all that relevant -- it's a GT, not an all-out street racer.

Many who have seen the new Vanquish say it looks far better in person than in pictures. I hope so.