Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

trade in on my 20007 V8, ouch!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
Does CarMax make offers on these cars? No, seriously, they have given me great prices on every vehicle I have sold in the last few years.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by drcollie
There is a brand new 2011 V12 in red at Star Motors in Texas for $ 150K. If I had the coin, it would be MINE!

http://www.starmotorcars.com/detail-...w-6625047.html
Good find Dr. C.
Exactly what I would do if I was looking for one; A"new" prior model year V12V.

WG,
If I was interested here's how I would handle it;
Give them a call, strike a relationship with the right salesman that's interested (also follow up with email to make sure he has your contact details). Let him know that you're interested and serious if they can deal with your V8. Go see the car. Make sensible but low offer ($85K or $90K plus yours?) If he doesn't take it walk away. They have your contact details and will contact you.......at which time you can negotiate if you want, but you will be negotiating with the upper hand.

Oh yeah, above all do not let them see a that the V12V has you hooked, and no dribbling!

FF

Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Perhaps you should call around to see if another Aston Martin dealer will make a deal with you on an in stock car. Most cars are depreciating assets...

Old 12-01-2012, 05:26 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
There is a brand new 2011 V12 in red at Star Motors in Texas for $ 150K. If I had the coin, it would be MINE!

http://www.starmotorcars.com/detail-...w-6625047.html
That is the car I test drove. Initially I was talking to the general manager who was very straight forward to deal with. However, he had to leave and passed me on to one of the sales guys .... he was not very professional and I did not feel comfortable dealing with him.

I have to travel for work next week, but may try and deal straight with the general manager when I get back.

Here are pics of my current car:

/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilmer-gaviria/7793045030/http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilmer-gaviria/7793045030/
It's a 2007 with 20,800 miles. I bought it a couple of years ago, it is a manual and has the RSC sport cats. I've serviced it at the dealer mostly but do change the oil myself.

PM me if anybody is interested or knows anybody that is interested. I don't want to post an ad right now because I will be traveling in early December.

thanks guys!

Last edited by WG_moots; 12-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 PM
CarreraS997Blk is an unknown quantity at this point
The car is beautiful my friend! Do you have any exhaust clips? I would love to add a V8V to the stable, but prefer BRG on it. That is a sham what they are offering to give you for it.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WG_moots
That is the car I test drove. Initially I was talking to the general manager who was very straight forward to deal with. However, he had to leave and passed me on to one of the sales guys .... he was not very professional and I did not feel comfortable dealing with him.

I have to travel for work next week, but may try and deal straight with the general manager when I get back.

Here are pics of my current car:

Mostly British

downtown

It's a 2007 with 20,800 miles. I bought it a couple of years ago, it is a manual and has the RSC sport cats. I've serviced it at the dealer mostly but do change the oil myself.

PM me if anybody is interested or knows anybody that is interested. I don't want to post an ad right now because I will be traveling in early December.

thanks guys!

Now the picture becomes clearer; looks like they are trying to fleece you to make up for the low price on the V12. Answer: Fleece them; sell your car privately for reasonable money and be in a good position to buy the $150K V12 with an offer.

Nice V8 BTW

Old 12-02-2012, 11:21 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CarreraS997Blk
The car is beautiful my friend! Do you have any exhaust clips? I would love to add a V8V to the stable, but prefer BRG on it. That is a sham what they are offering to give you for it.
Thanks!

I don't have any exhaust clips or a camera to capture video. Maybe I will try my iPhone and see if I can get a decent sound clip.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice

What are these, museum pieces? Heck, I intend to DRIVE mine. ... I'm not saving my car or my wife for the next guy, ya know?
Amen to that brother!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
That's way too low, retail it or trade it to an independent, they will give you more than that

Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 PM
copelandcf is on a distinguished road
That V12 in Houston is a good deal if red is what you are looking for, which by the looks of your nice V8V I would guess it is. But if you are looking for Carbon Black by chance, I have one for sale as the generous guys above mentioned. Im just a short drive away in Austin. Its at "buy it now" for 155K on ebay, 2011 with 1K miles. More pics at v12vantage.shutterfly.com. Besides that red one in Houston, its the next best deal around, or better considering the cost of the carbon black option. Warranty is good till April 2014. Drove it today and now I'm having second thoughts of selling. I need a 3 car garage

BTW sorry cant help you with the trade in. Best of luck!

Last edited by copelandcf; 12-02-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:57 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Def try selling the car on your own, take it to Carmax and SSS what they offer, worth a try. They are giving u a low offer on trade, some dealers do that some don't.

As for miles on these cars, drive em! They work better when you do, a car with reasonable miles per year say maybe 5 to 8k highway miles per year with full service history and records well maintained and cared for is almost always a better functioning car then a garage queen!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
My point is this. There are many choices when it comes to buying a used AM (unless you lock yourself into a color or options) and given that fact the cars with lower miles will sell (or have a higher trade-in) for more than one with miles. If you're good with 5-8k miles per year on one then good for you but for me, I'm not even looking at those cars, I'm buying the low mileage car. I've had many many low mileage cars and my experience has not been bad contrary to what always gets posted on forums...... My opinion only, not saying anyone who differs is wrong. I should also say, I do not leave mine sit b/c of the statement above, I drive it every chance I get.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:24 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by copelandcf
That V12 in Houston is a good deal if red is what you are looking for, which by the looks of your nice V8V I would guess it is. But if you are looking for Carbon Black by chance, I have one for sale as the generous guys above mentioned. Im just a short drive away in Austin. Its at "buy it now" for 155K on ebay, 2011 with 1K miles. More pics at v12vantage.shutterfly.com. Besides that red one in Houston, its the next best deal around, or better considering the cost of the carbon black option. Warranty is good till April 2014. Drove it today and now I'm having second thoughts of selling. I need a 3 car garage

BTW sorry cant help you with the trade in. Best of luck!
Yer killin' me with your car at $ 155K. I'm DYING HERE. You need to sell that one quickly so I don't do something foolish like get a second on the house (which I already would have done by the way) except I am in mortal fear of the wrath of Mrs. Collie, who would absolutely not understand as she can barely tolerate the '07 V8 Vantage that magically appeared in the garage about 5 weeks ago....

Old 12-03-2012, 09:44 AM
copelandcf is on a distinguished road
Lol, sorry to tempt Dr. Collie, hope I can get it out of the way for you

Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I was in the same boat and sold my 2007 privately for the down payment on the V12V.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: trade in on my 20007 V8, ouch!