Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

trade in on my 20007 V8, ouch!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just the opposite. I'll take a personal check for just about anything, High line cars included. I guess that's because in 28 years of owning a high-end furniture store I've never had to eat a check, and many of them have been 5 figures.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^ you're very fortunate! ...and brave! Most of your furniture customers local? I haven't sold more than a handful of the 60+ cars I've sold locally. Little easier to chase somebody if you don't have to catch a flight to do it?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Actually no....3/4 are internet, out of area. I have more customers in Texas and California than I do in Virginia! Just had a gentleman today out of New Jersey order $ 13,430 worth or Royal Pedic bedding from my store - he wrote a personal check and I'm glad to take it rather than paying the credit card companies 2.3 % of the total.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Biglife will become famous soon enoughBiglife will become famous soon enough
That trade in value is nuts...

2007 Aston V8 Vantage [Recent Transactions]

11/16/12 PA Regular $62,000 8,903 Above BLACK 8G P Yes
09/19/12 PALM BCH Regular $58,000 9,982 Avg BLUE 8G 6 Yes
08/29/12 DALLAS Regular $56,800 29,178 Avg BLUE 8G 6 Yes
08/16/12 PA Lease $52,000 12,602 Below GREY 8G 6 Yes
07/19/12 PA Regular $60,500 14,609 Above SILVER 8G 6 Yes
06/14/12 RIVRSIDE Lease $59,500 33,016 Avg BLACK 8G 6 Yes
06/14/12 PALM BCH Lease $56,000 25,506 Avg VANTAGE 8G A Yes

Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Biglife
That trade in value is nuts...

2007 Aston V8 Vantage [Recent Transactions]

11/16/12 PA Regular $62,000 8,903 Above BLACK 8G P Yes
09/19/12 PALM BCH Regular $58,000 9,982 Avg BLUE 8G 6 Yes
08/29/12 DALLAS Regular $56,800 29,178 Avg BLUE 8G 6 Yes
08/16/12 PA Lease $52,000 12,602 Below GREY 8G 6 Yes
07/19/12 PA Regular $60,500 14,609 Above SILVER 8G 6 Yes
06/14/12 RIVRSIDE Lease $59,500 33,016 Avg BLACK 8G 6 Yes
06/14/12 PALM BCH Lease $56,000 25,506 Avg VANTAGE 8G A Yes
Thanks for those numbers! I know trade-in you always take a hit but not that much.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I'm assuming those numbers are the recent ones from Manheim. As someone pointed out earlier, that's dealer to dealer sales generally and you can add a few k more for retail pricing. The 'Above/Avg/Below' are for condition, the P(A)/6 are paddle(automatic) and manual respectively just fyi. You can see a fairly minor impact of mileage on prices but a bigger impact of condition (with colour also likely playing some role).

Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
In the spring, I'll be looking for a mint condition 2007-2008 either black, white or Vertigo blue V8V. I'm thinking of spending roughly 60K USD. I'd be coming from Canada so I have a few extra expenses of course (mainly Duty Tax)... After all is said and done, it would probably cost me approx 75K.

Dealers will rip you off hard on trade-in's. Better off putting the effort and trying to sell it privately first.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CobaltC4S
Dealers will rip you off hard on trade-in's. Better off putting the effort and trying to sell it privately first.
Depends how good of a negotiator you are . . . I'm always ready to walk away, if I don't get the price I want.

Agreed, dealers are looking to make a profit, but for my last 5 cars I've actively looked into selling them privately and the differences where negligible.

(a few thousand dollars between private & dealer for an exotic is not a big deal for me) I'd rather have the convenience of dropping off the old car, driving away with the new one and not having the aggravation of dealing with bargain hunters.

Anyways, that's just my take and has worked well for me.

Good luck with your hunt, I know you've mentioned on Rennlist a few times you want an Aston.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by gekko
I'd rather have the convenience of dropping off the old car, driving away with the new one and not having the aggravation of dealing with bargain hunters.
Amen to that. I find that the more exotic the car, the more nuts come out to play-buy with it. For example, I can sell one of my pickup trucks easily to sensible people who come and buy it - or not, in a space of 15 minutes. A Toyota Tacoma is the easiest vehicle on the planet to sell.

Trying to privately sell a Porsche, a BMW or a Ducati is a total exercise in aggravation as those people come for HOURS and ask hundreds of questions while they try to decide if they can really afford it, or if its going to blow up ten minutes after they leave with the vehicle. They are usually annoying, distrustful and want hour-long test rides. And they never want to pay anything close to your asking price. Yes, I'll give up a couple grand at the trade-in at the dealer, but that's worth it and I can make it up in my business rather than wasting hours in the driveway with tire kickers.

Oh, by the way - I brokered the deal for WG Moot's car that started this thread and my buddy Micheal in North Carolina has agreed to buy it contingent on an Inspection, so now he can go get that red V12 Vantage with cash!

I still have another pal looking for a 6 speed Vantage Roadster in the $ 60 - $ 70K range, so if you have one of those and its not black - ping me.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drcollie
Trying to privately sell a Porsche, a BMW or a Ducati is a total exercise in aggravation .
add Merceded to that....I'm selling my SL55 AMG and not having the luck I'd like... Duane if you (or anyone for that matter) know of a potential buyer please send them my way... car is mint inside/out, drives amazing, comes w/ CSC warranty, and modded to 600+hp/750 tq at the rear wheels!!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
a happy ending

Well after a buyer backed out at the last minute, I had to go to plan "B" .... at the end I got pretty close to what I wanted for my V8V. I was even able to do an "in-out" trade to save a few thousand $$ on taxes.

I had the clear bra installed and picked up the V12V just in time for the long Christmas weekend. So far I have managed over 200miles of joy in it.

I haven't had time to take any good pics. Here are a couple from my iPhone. I will get some better shots soon and start a new thread with the new car

Thanks for all the support guys.

Safe and happy new year to all!

Attached Images   

Last edited by WG_moots; 12-26-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:34 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ VERY NICE!!! LOVE the color! Enjoy.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:52 AM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
I'm interested to know what you got for the old car... as I'm in the market.

Congrats on the new ride! looks amazing!

Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 AM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Congrats!!

Love the 2nd shot with the bicycles reflected (Being a bike guy also)

Old 12-26-2012, 11:53 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Beautiful car!! Congrats!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: trade in on my 20007 V8, ouch!