Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage vs vantage s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Re: the manual S, my dealer told me it is available for MY13. Also, the Autumn 2012 Aston Martin Magazine has specs on the cars in the back of the mag -- the 6 spd manual is listed for the S.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:08 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by b_gust99
I think you can now get the vantage s in a 6 speed manual (why not to start with?!). There is a 2013 vantage s at Aston Martin DC with a manual gearbox in red. Check it out on their website. I agree i much prefer the carbon fiber splitter to the plastic. So I have to decide do I get an S, or a base with the exterior carbon pack. That is why I'm wondering if the slight torque Boost was notable. I would think not, so I would say why go for the s with all the upgrades for the base? Basically I need to find a local s and see for myself, but wanted other opinions first.
Very interesting
Highly speced with the S sills and S sticking, but no sport button
Aston's web site still says ASM2 only on the S

Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
From what I know..any year Vantage S is only a 7-speed ASM2..and the regular 2013 Vantage is now optioned for either a manual 6-speed or the 7-speed ASM2...have never seen a manual 6-speed optioned for the Vantage S, even for 2013..just looked on teh DC site and they have a grey 2013 V8VS VIN#C17339...is that he one?? it's a 7-speed SportShift 2 (ASM2)

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
It's the Rosso Corsa Coupe:
http://astonmartinwashingtondc.com/i...ntage-s-coupe/

Long live manual gearboxes!

Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Wow..thats awesome..all my books say otherwise..I swear at times I don't even think Aston knows what there own factory is doing.. ..it's nice if the manual box stays around

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Speedraser
Re: the manual S, my dealer told me it is available for MY13. Also, the Autumn 2012 Aston Martin Magazine has specs on the cars in the back of the mag -- the 6 spd manual is listed for the S.
Superb - good to see Aston, unlike some other marques, still championing the manual in their sportiest car. You would think that it says something about the demographic of Aston drivers if they have now offered this option. Any idea what percentage of V8V are sold as manuals vs. automated?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:14 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Am i the only one here who doesn't like the new black splitter and rear diffuser in the 2013? I still prefer the cleaner bumpers in the 2009-2012 models.

I haven't driven the sports package but even the non sports in the 4.7L seem pretty solid.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I just ordered a '13 V8V and will be retrofitting the old front and rear bumpers(along with V12/S sills) as soon as I get it because I too think the new bumpers are a step backwards and not as classic looking...I guess it may be just what you first fell in love with-for example I prefer the old front and rear end on the Gallardo over the newer one also.