Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ace Wheels arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
wow very nice, but I agree that is one aggressive offset in the rear there....

looking forward to more!

Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
HRE is the one exception, although some aston owners have reported on certain designs only either front or rear stock lugs worked.

The rest require tuner lugnuts. Remember, most wheels use Lug BOLTs not Lug Nuts, so they are provided. With aston none of them are provided. Most aftermarket wheels never provide bolts. That is an industry standard, the ones that do are super rare exception so consider yourself lucky if they do. 90%+ don't
AHH, well they weren't even close to 300 a wheel either so, I do understand them not send the lugs..

Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ There are more, not just HRE...I've rattled of a half dozen or so wheel makers who provide hardware with their wheels. Hardare means lug bolts, or nuts depending on if you run studs or not, any sort of spacer or hub ring if needed. etc...

Not having these items in my estimate does not make a wheel package complete. It's like giving a customer a plate of food at a restuarant and not providing them with a the dining utelsils or silverware required to eat their meal.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
HRE is the one exception, although some aston owners have reported on certain designs only either front or rear stock lugs worked.

The rest require tuner lugnuts. Remember, most wheels use Lug BOLTs not Lug Nuts, so they are provided. With aston none of them are provided. Most aftermarket wheels never provide bolts. That is an industry standard, the ones that do are super rare exception so consider yourself lucky if they do. 90%+ don't
Ridiculous statement.

You buy any of the many, many wheels from Tirerack and they come with required mounting hardware. And MOST wheels use lug NUTS, not BOLTS.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:19 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Ridiculous statement.

You buy any of the many, many wheels from Tirerack and they come with required mounting hardware. And MOST wheels use lug NUTS, not BOLTS.
Well technically they are lug SCREWS, because a bolt requires a fastener on the other end....lol

Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drcollie
Well technically they are lug SCREWS, because a bolt requires a fastener on the other end....lol
Thats a farkling technicality !!!

Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
OK! Here we go....what everyone was waiting for (I guess). Wheels installed by my pal Scott, who has the finest equipment at one of his tire stores and has been doing this for 30 years. He has sold just about every wheel brand ever made, including lots of HRE's and done them on every car imaginable. Installed with a Corghi tire machine and Hunter Road Force Balancer. His comments were:

* Very nicely done wheels * Incredible finish * Can't believe you can buy as set for $ 1,200 * They REALLY update the car * Both rear wheels were 'walking' (side to side runout) and difficult to balance, but he indicated he was able to correct most of that and anyone buying these should definitely only have them balanced on a Hunter Road Force machine. Fronts were fine. He then said you would never get that runout on a wheel like an HRE, but then these are not priced like an HRE.

Offest is aggressive, but not over the top. I'm happy with the fit and fitment - just don't get too close to any curbs as these will take the hit. These are the stock tires sizes for the 2007 Aston (19" wheel option) and the car has not been - and will not be - lowered. So, its a cosmetic change only, and I think worth every penny....I would buy again.

ACE WHEEL needs to do one thing, however - and either include the lug nuts with the wheels or sell them as an accessory, because a lot of wheel buyers are going to get aggravated trying to chase these down on their own. It would be very frustrating for a buyer to order a wheel and tire combo from a dealer - have them arrive and then he can't install them because there are no lug nuts that will fit. Little things like that make a difference.

Now, onto the photos....it was late in the afternoon and some snowflakes coming down, the best I can do for now....

Last edited by drcollie; 12-21-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:46 PM
And one 'Before' photo....

Old 12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Looks really nice Duane...well done

Wheel & tire farkle = DONE!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
is it possible to put AM center cap on these?

Old 12-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor
ACEALLOYWHEEL will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by drcollie
OK! Here we go....what everyone was waiting for (I guess). Wheels installed by my pal Scott, who has the finest equipment at one of his tire stores and has been doing this for 30 years. He has sold just about every wheel brand ever made, including lots of HRE's and done them on every car imaginable. Installed with a Corghi tire machine and Hunter Road Force Balancer. His comments were:

* Very nicely done wheels * Incredible finish * Can't believe you can buy as set for $ 1,200 * They REALLY update the car * Both rear wheels were 'walking' (side to side runout) and difficult to balance, but he indicated he was able to correct most of that and anyone buying these should definitely only have them balanced on a Hunter Road Force machine. Fronts were fine. He then said you would never get that runout on a wheel like an HRE, but then these are not priced like an HRE.

Offest is aggressive, but not over the top. I'm happy with the fit and fitment - just don't get too close to any curbs as these will take the hit. These are the stock tires sizes for the 2007 Aston (19" wheel option) and the car has not been - and will not be - lowered. So, its a cosmetic change only, and I think worth every penny....I would buy again.

ACE WHEEL needs to do one thing, however - and either include the lug nuts with the wheels or sell them as an accessory, because a lot of wheel buyers are going to get aggravated trying to chase these down on their own. It would be very frustrating for a buyer to order a wheel and tire combo from a dealer - have them arrive and then he can't install them because there are no lug nuts that will fit. Little things like that make a difference.

Now, onto the photos....it was late in the afternoon and some snowflakes coming down, the best I can do for now....

Thank you for the feedback car looks AMAZING!! Glad you are happy with your set! Also we noticed alot of comments about hardware we are going to start offering hardware kits in the future. But again thank you hope you enjoy your new wheels.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by cret
is it possible to put AM center cap on these?
No, its not. Sorry

Old 12-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
wow!
looks amazing.....what a nice choice!
it's tough picking out wheels isn't it?
I've done it a few times and it's never easy
and I'm always a bit worried....then they get installed...haha

very nice! hope to have one of these someday......seriously considering
trading my 2012 CLS63 towards one......

thanx for sharing your pictures

Old 12-21-2012, 10:05 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like they came out just right; not too far out like the photos in the Ace post. Much better looking then stock, that's for sure!

Good choice !

Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 AM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough
I think the offest looks Perfect. I will hopefully be be getting a set of these in the near future.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ace Wheels arrived