Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ace Wheels arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Ace Wheels arrived

Looking forward to putting these on my 2007 Vantage. I bought them based on the photos here, though I went very conservative with the fitment and am staying close to stock on them (19", no wild offsets). Price is very right...less than $ 1,400 shipped for a set of (4) staggered.

Opened the boxes today. Very nicely packed. First time I have ever seen a wheel maker take this much care with the finished side. They actually put a liner cover over the entire wheel face (nice!), then below that have blue protective tape on the machined parts. The finish is first rate - MUCH nicer than I expected. So far, so good.

Will be a week or so before I can get them mounted up, though I will test fit them in my garage in the next day or two. All the tire stores near me are hacks with old machines, and I'm going to get them done on a Corghi....

Old 12-15-2012, 03:14 PM
V8VANTAGE is on a distinguished road
Those look awesome!!! Can't wait to see them mounted.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:23 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Great looking wheels Duane. I really like that subtle sort of "turbine" effect.

That's a great price too!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:56 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Price was definitely a factor.

Wonder where Ace Wheel got their inspiration for this design?......lol

Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Those look awesome! What are the weights? Can't wait to see them on your v8v buddy looking to the one77 for inspiration is not a bad way to start for sure!

Old 12-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Was that from the post Stew had put up a few months back? He had put a similar set from ACE on the magma red V8V he had picked up (since sold I believe). I saw them in person, very sharp and certainly hard to beat for the $. I wasn't aware how close they were to the One-77, nice pick up. He had his spaced aggressively, what are the offset details on these? What is the finish for these? Please post some shots along the side of the car with the before and after look!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Works for me... I hate the 2006-2007 factory wheels.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
ACEALLOYWHEEL will become famous soon enough
Thanks For The Feedback! Glad you love your wheels.

For everyone that missed out on our original Aston Martin Convex thread, here is link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-vantage.html

Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 AM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough
Where did you buy them from? Online or a local place?

Originally Posted by drcollie
Looking forward to putting these on my 2007 Vantage. I bought them based on the photos here, though I went very conservative with the fitment and am staying close to stock on them (19", no wild offsets). Price is very right...less than $ 1,400 shipped for a set of (4) staggered.

Opened the boxes today. Very nicely packed. First time I have ever seen a wheel maker take this much care with the finished side. They actually put a liner cover over the entire wheel face (nice!), then below that have blue protective tape on the machined parts. The finish is first rate - MUCH nicer than I expected. So far, so good.

Will be a week or so before I can get them mounted up, though I will test fit them in my garage in the next day or two. All the tire stores near me are hacks with old machines, and I'm going to get them done on a Corghi....

Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Can't wait to see them on the car!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Can't wait to see them on the car!
Me too, I will most likely pick a set up also.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
at that price its a steal. They do weigh a good 3-4lbs heaver per wheel than the sportpack wheels, but you could easily offset that by switching from RE050As to Michelin Pilot Super Sports (which are very light tires). Net Net, should come out break even and honestly have much nicer looking wheels.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by shadowhusky
Me too, I will most likely pick a set up also.
Bought them from elementwheels.com

Here's the receipt. You'll also need to buy (20) new lug nuts as the standard Aston ones won't fit. Basic Zinc ones are $ 30 for the set.

--------------------------
Product ID: ace-d7041985hsace-d7041910hs
Product Name: - Staggered Full Set - <br>(2) 19x8.5 Ace Alloy Convex Hypersilver w/Machined Accent<br>(2) 19x10 Ace Alloy Convex Hypersilver w/Machined Accent
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $1,230.00
Front Tires : Click Here to Add 2 Front Tires (Optional)
Rear Tires : Click Here to Add 2 Rear Tires (Optional)
Vehicle Fitment :
<b>Front Wheels</b> Universal 5 Lug - Offset: 38 mm
<b>Rear Wheels</b> Universal 5 Lug Offset: 45 mm
Order Total : $1,230.00
Shipping : $0.00
Grand Total : $1,230.00

Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks Duane,

I can't wait to see the pics, make sure you get a few pics that show the offest off. I really didn't car for the way the 20" one stuck out so far on the rears. I dont mind a little more offset but that was way too much.

Did you just get the lugs from element wheels or someplace else?

Originally Posted by drcollie
Bought them from elementwheels.com

Here's the receipt. You'll also need to buy (20) new lug nuts as the standard Aston ones won't fit. Basic Zinc ones are $ 30 for the set.

Product ID: ace-d7041985hsace-d7041910hs
Product Name: - Staggered Full Set - <br>(2) 19x8.5 Ace Alloy Convex Hypersilver w/Machined Accent<br>(2) 19x10 Ace Alloy Convex Hypersilver w/Machined Accent
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $1,230.00
Front Tires : Click Here to Add 2 Front Tires (Optional)
Rear Tires : Click Here to Add 2 Rear Tires (Optional)
Vehicle Fitment :
<b>Front Wheels</b> Universal 5 Lug - Offset: 38 mm
<b>Rear Wheels</b> Universal 5 Lug Offset: 45 mm
Order Total : $1,230.00
Shipping : $0.00
Grand Total : $1,230.00

Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I am curious to see the offsets specifically. They should look great. What tire size you plan on running?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ace Wheels arrived