Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Why does everyone park directly next to the Aston when you park in BFE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 02:33 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Why does everyone park directly next to the Aston when you park in BFE?

Every time I park, I look for an end spot on the other end of the lot. Today I was especially careful as I was at Walmart finishing last minute gifts.

For the first time ever I spotted a car directly next to me in no mans land and was pleased!

Attached Images  

Last edited by DetomasoGTS74; 12-24-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:46 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
LOL

Not too many Astons and Ferraris at the local Walmart usually!

Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Usually it's some d.o.u.c.h.e.bag with a POS!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
wow that Ferarri looks like it would eat someones *** alive, and that's from the back!!!!
wow......wally world huh???

Old 12-24-2012, 06:19 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I agree, it drives me crazy to park my Aston waaayyyy out of the way, all alone, and some idiots have parked right next to me. Lots of empty spaces, but they ignore those to park right beside my aluminum doors and fenders. I think they hope it is like the old rancher whose cow "accidently" wanders into the pasture where the next door neighbor's prize stud bull is grazing. Maybe they hope my Aston will sire them a British sports car. LOL!

Old 12-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
wow, i guess AM drivers are arrogant snobs, one thing if someone dinged your door, another to bash someone for parking near your car

Old 12-24-2012, 06:43 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Christian
wow, i guess AM drivers are arrogant snobs, one thing if someone dinged your door, another to bash someone for parking near your car
Harsh I think the OP was actually quite happy to have such good company.

By the time your door gets dinged it's too late to be congenial.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
love the plate by the way

Old 12-24-2012, 07:10 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Christian
This has nothing to do with Astons or Aston owners. Regardless of the car, if i park way out there, away from everyone and take the time to walk a long distance to the door, I am minimizing the chance that someone will ding my vehicle. Living in a city full of SUV's and minivans, I have seen more than my share of parking lot dings. And it seems like parking spaces are getting smaller.

I have two cars with very obvious dents in doors from others who opened right into them. If there are bunches of open spots, just leave room between my vehicle and yours. I always try to leave a respectful space between my vehicle and any others in the same position.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I've always parked away from other cars regardless of which of my cars I am driving. I don't think the majority of motorists respect other cars and space while maneuvering with care while parking and opening doors. It's not an arrogance thing it's a practical necessity in a city filled with SUVs and drivers that are unaware or don't care or are in a hurry and don't think twice about seining open a door into your car. If I were parked next to a clunker with parts falling off, I would make sure I didn't hit his car or ding it, because I respect his car and myself enough to not do that. I don't think everyone thinks the same way. All this said I would welcome a nice Rosso corsa 458 next to me any day!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rotes
Both plates

Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
I would welcome a nice Rosso corsa 458 next to me any day!

Amen to that...

Old 12-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Electron Mike is on a distinguished road
Great pic and nice Aston! Looks like the Wally World on 620 as I park out there when I go.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:26 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Christian as many above said parking 40 spots from anyone to minimize damage we all have experienced does not make one a snob. If anything it says you care about what you worked so hard to attain.

That said, the 458 was a welcome treat of sorts after so many mini vans, SUVs and trucks.

Thanks Electron, it's the wmart on 620! That is the spot other end from garden center lol. Never anyone there.....usually.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Rotes
Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why does everyone park directly next to the Aston when you park in BFE?