Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help Me Decide Between These Wheels!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Are you sure? Look at that last picture again. It doesn't look like a wheel arch extension.
I know it looks a little odd, but that's correct. Check out this XKRS press pic, you should be able to see the same thing just above/behind the rear wheel....

If I could figure out how to post it larger into he thread I would!

Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
There are certain wheel makers that nail figments each time every time. Names like fikse, CCW, and the original forgeline wheel company and the original kenesis wheel company.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FatFrank
I know it looks a little odd, but that's correct. Check out this XKRS press pic, you should be able to see the same thing just above/behind the rear wheel....

If I could figure out how to post it larger into he thread I would!

Holy crap, you're right! Man that looks kludgy. Almost as bad as those useless, stuck-on air vents on the sides ahead of the front wheels. I saw them at a track event and they just flow right through. They look a bit like the came from Auto-Zone or JC Whitney.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't even know those wheel arch thingies were required by law in Europe. I have been considering taking them off!

I'm debating getting some forged ADV1, Modulare, BC Forged, Rennen or the like. Just need to decide if I'll be keeping her at least a year or if I'll have the itch to row my own and get Gallardo, GT3 or 13' Viper.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Evoking
Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't even know those wheel arch thingies were required by law in Europe. I have been considering taking them off!
Do it! I always wanted to with my XKR but never got around to it. Should be pretty easy (unless it's part of the liner - ?) Again, they are not required in the US!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
pretty

Old 01-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
So I removed the mud flaps. Looks much cleaner now. Also the wheels (which are back to stock for now) will look more aggressive as there isn't some artificial appearance of more space.

Below are some before and after:

AFTER:

Attached Images      
Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
+1 on the mudflap delete -- looks good.

To my eye the stock wheels look better on your car than the Ace Convex. The ACs just seemed a bit spindly in the photos. The stock wheels look more substantial and "ground" the car better.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
I agree on the stock wheels vs Convex. I'm considering the Mica Gray Mesh 7 instead. Or I will leave stock as I may end up going GT3RS, Gallardo or new Viper in a few.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Wow, that sits real nicely now. Dropping a car like this makes all the difference in the world.