Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Motor Trend video review of the new Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Motor Trend video review of the new Vanquish

Seems like a mixed review:

Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
It's a GT, they are trying to review it as if it was an all out sports car. With that said, I saw that exact demo car in Beverly hills a few weeks ago, it was absolutely stunning in person even tho it's not my far color for an Aston. The interior is worlds above any other Aston, that's the main argument to buying this car (in 2 years time when it's 50% off).

Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Odd in a few ways, such has he thinks it wouldn't be as fast as a DB9.

Regarding the interior, it's gorgeous, but I disagree with 007 V -- I prefer the interior of the other current Astons. For example, in a beautiful interior done mostly in leather and metal, why did they add plastic The piece under the leather-covered lid over the instruments is new (it's not there in the Vantage/DB9/Rapide) and is plastic. Can't imagine why.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
good video, thanks for posting.

i like the interior of the Vanquish, but i do think a couple of the trim pieces are a bit out of place. pictures really don't do the car justice, either. it's far better looking in person. especially in blue (sorry for the bad quality, took the pic with my cell phone)

Old 02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
DBS in the background is better looking. And without question the old interior is more interesting and unique compared with the Vanquish, which has a much more 'generic' quality about it.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I disagree, the new Vanquish is the best looking Aston ever...in my opinion. I only wish I could afford one, if it was the cost of Vantage I would already have one on order.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Ever notice all the cheap carpet in a MP4-12C- Aston's are nice but the people i've talked to say they are full of annoying problems. My reason for buying a 911- No problem's.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
DBS in the background is better looking...
I agree.

I like the Vanquish for different reasons though. I have a hard time comparing the two directly.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MIkeGTS
Ever notice all the cheap carpet in a MP4-12C- Aston's are nice but the people i've talked to say they are full of annoying problems. My reason for buying a 911- No problem's.
And yet you spend time reading through the Aston topic. Perhaps you just secretly wish you had good taste?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Blah, blah, blah....911....blah, blah, blah....911

And it's Astons and problems, not Aston's and problem's. Guess you didn't learn so good in school, so can't afford no Aston's....

Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I have had five 911s, from a 1969 911s to a 997 and my 2009 Aston has been the most reliable at best car yet. I have had the car for 2 1/2 years.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Blah, blah, blah....911....blah, blah, blah....911

And it's Astons and problems, not Aston's and problem's. Guess you didn't learn so good in school, so can't afford no Aston's....

Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
To be fair, old Aston's did have some issues but the newer cars (DB9, Vantage, DBS, etc, etc) have been solid cars. I've owned 2 Aston's and have had 0 issues with them.

Regarding the Vanquish, I think the new DB9 is better looking than the DBS and the Vanquish is just different. The interior on the Vanquish is stunning in my opinion. The craftsmanship looks amazing in pictures.

Caveat: I haven't seen the Vanquish in person yet.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Aston's are nice but the people i've talked to say they are full of annoying problems. My reason for buying a 911- No problem's.
Older Astons may not have been the most reliable cars, but the problems that early DB9s and V8 Vantages had were of the annoying kind -- electrical and such -- rather than the major mechanical issues that afflict newer Porsches. The Astons' issues were largely resolved after the first few years, and the newer cars are superb. My '09 V8V has been extremely reliable for 3+ years so far.

Older Porsches were very reliable and very durable. My '95 993 has been wonderful over the 13 years I've had it. The newer ones, however, have had some catastrophic mechanical problems. Rear main seals are more than annoying, but the really big thing is the intermediate shaft, the failure of which results in the complete and utter destruction of the engine. These issues were hopefully resolved with the new (MY09) direct injection engine family, but even now Porsche doesn't race them -- the race engine in the 991 will again be the "old" Mezger engine, not the engine used on road 991s.

It's not just the 986/996/997 engines either. The early Cayenne V8s are known for digesting their cylinder walls -- total engine failure.

If it's concern over reliability that is keeping you from owing a new or newish Aston, IMO it shouldn't. I'll take the possibility of a door lock module glitch over the possibility of a grenaded engine every time.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:08 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Cow farts are bad for the environments so Astons are environmentally friendly!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend video review of the new Vanquish