Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

clever license plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 AM
v8v
v8v is on a distinguished road
clever license plate

so my daily driver is a Vantage, and I've been deciding on a witty license plate. I'm leaning towards SRYOFCR, as in 'sorry, officer' ...is that just asking for tickets? granted, i'm only 22 and have a feeling the cops are looking for any reason to pull me over

Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v8v
so my daily driver is a Vantage, and I've been deciding on a witty license plate. I'm leaning towards SRYOFCR, as in 'sorry, officer' ...is that just asking for tickets? granted, i'm only 22 and have a feeling the cops are looking for any reason to pull me over
You are 22 and your daily driver is a Vantage?

Old 04-27-2013, 12:42 AM
v8v
oh c'mon man don't be like that, I work hard

Old 04-27-2013, 12:52 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v8v
oh c'mon man don't be like that, I work hard
lol I'm sure you do young man! I have a 22 year old son and your post

made me think of him. He's got a rich old man, but I let him make his own

way. I'll pop in and help here and there when he's in a scrape.

First of all, congrats on owning an Aston at your age and secondly,

don't go with that license plate. Think ahead......let's say you get pulled

over and it's the cops discretion on whether or not to write you a ticket

and he's sharp enough to decipher your plate. It won't be in your favor

and he will not find it cute. " Rich kid thumbing his nose at me.' not a

smart strategy young man.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:01 AM
v8v
Thanks for the advice, that's exactly what I was thinking. On one hand the cop could figure it out and get a laugh, but I guess it's much more likely he'd take it as an insult. I'll get back to the drawing board on this one... thanks again.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I currently have "ACE CAFE" on my Vantage, which is the hangout for the cool motorcycles and cars outside of London on the Motorway, famous for the 'Rockers' and "Mods" cafe racer motorcycle scene back in the 60's.

However, if I were to replace that, I'd get "NTRY LVL" for it. Since it's at the bottom of the Aston lineup

Old 04-27-2013, 06:51 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by layinback
You are 22 and your daily driver is a Vantage?
Hey, when I was 22 years old I had a nearly new 1970 Porsche 911S, and I used to get flak for that. Truth was, while my peers were flipping hamburgers for $ 1.65 per hour, I was working in a Yamaha shop as a mechanic and knocking down the equivalent of $ 12.00 to $ 13.00 per hour. I worked 40 hours a week and went to Community College with a full credit load, too. I could afford my Porsche and paid cash for it. Wish I still had that car, those SWB 911's are bringing big money now.

Now I drive an entry level, used Vantage. Two kids in college will do that to ya (they don't work as hard as I did at 22).

Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Don't do it. It will be adding an insult to injury as it would sugest you had intent to brake the law and just didnt care!!!. Actually I should give you a ticket for just thinking about it!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
I am planing on either
Inspire
Or
GDDREAM

Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

v8v u are 22? is the vantage getting you some 'tottie' when i was in my late 20's i had a Mercedes SL I also worked hard... to pay it off however my mates who were not petrol heads and drove golfs never had to justify to prospective honey's what they drive.

please will you open a post and submit pics of your seat covers and i trust that you will have few belters cant imagine what i would have been like at 22 with an aston, oh no when i was 22 astons were still fugly, but you get the idea.

You enjoy and well done remember to drive it like you stole it!!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:30 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone says "how much tail they would have pulled" when they were young if they had such and such car. My bentley and maserati never helped me any. maby because I don't hang around any other 22 yr olds.

Get the plate you want. It wont make any difference if you get a ticket, you'll either get one or not.

I like funny plates, my raptor says "8APR1US" for instance

Old 04-27-2013, 01:36 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
must confess i never needed a car then (30 years back) to pull a chick, nor do i need it today, Im just more focused and still being able to pull 22 year olds myself prefer women over 40, they no what they want!!

but pickin them up in the aston and taking them to my waiting helicopter is met with with a certain level of approval

Old 04-27-2013, 05:08 PM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Having a nice car doesn't get you chicks, but I can say being a 20 something with an AM certainly helps

I'm with YoungConnoisseur, if you're getting pulled over you're getting a ticket regardless of what your plate says. Mine is W0T & the cops chuckle when I tell them what it stands for.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by drcollie
Hey, when I was 22 years old I had a nearly new 1970 Porsche 911S, and I used to get flak for that. Truth was, while my peers were flipping hamburgers for $ 1.65 per hour, I was working in a Yamaha shop as a mechanic and knocking down the equivalent of $ 12.00 to $ 13.00 per hour. I worked 40 hours a week and went to Community College with a full credit load, too. I could afford my Porsche and paid cash for it. Wish I still had that car, those SWB 911's are bringing big money now.

Now I drive an entry level, used Vantage. Two kids in college will do that to ya (they don't work as hard as I did at 22).
All I want to know is, WHER THE HELL IS THE 911S?

What a great car! I should have bought a couple back in the mid 90s when

you could pick up a rust free example in really nice condition for 10-12K

Check out what they're trading for now.........

I think I have a riding lawnmower with more hp but that is one of the most

exciting "pure" sport cars on the planet.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I would think of going with NTMYDADS ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: clever license plate