Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

H&R Spacers (Vantage)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 11:46 AM
X7LDA is on a distinguished road
H&R Spacers (Vantage)

Guys,

Can someone please give me a bit more detail around installation of H&R spacers? Do they require any modification?

I know RSC do a set specifically designed for AM however they are expensive and I'm based in the UK therefore need to also add shipping. H&R sell here in the UK and are cheaper. Both appear to have the same offset however my understanding is that the bolts need modified.

Ideas?

Thanks
Lewis

Old 06-15-2013, 01:22 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
If memory serves, the RSC spacers require replacement of the wheel studs (longer studs provided with the kit) while the H&R spacers bolt on but need a recessed area on the back side of your wheel for the stock studs b/c they are longer than the spacer is thick.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:43 PM
marioV8V is on a distinguished road
I had H&R spacers and studs installed on my Vantage, like LRDog said your factory studs will have to be pressed out and replaced with longer studs that come with the spacers.
I did 20mm on the rear and 15mm up front. Im really happy with the stance and appearance. Good luck!

Old 06-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
The RSC spacers definitely require the studs to be popped out and replaced (and have high quality studs included with the kit but nonetheless you likely have to shave the holes _very_ carefully after the studs are popped out to get a snug fit). I was pretty sure that the H&R spacers do not require the OEM studs to be popped out but do require them to be ground down (particularly for the slimmer fit spacers usually used on the fronts).

For e.g. ... note the comment in the technical section at right.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:21 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I put the H&R 23mm rear spacers on my car. There was no need to remove the existing studs or grind them down in any way.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I believe it's the 11 mm spacers usually used in the front that won't allow the lugs over the OEM studs to fit inside the wheel without being shaved a bit shorter. IIRC from previous discussions (note to OP, pls search the forum bc all these questions have been answered in detail in previous threads), the amount of length left on the front studs after the required shortening would make it questionable as to whether there were enough full turns possible to secure the original wheels to the original (now shortened) studs.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 AM
X7LDA is on a distinguished road
I'm looking at the 20mm spacers (might be 23?) so sounds like no work is required to make them fit....

Old 08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
00aston is on a distinguished road
Any updates on the H&R spacers?
Clarification-
The front studs need to be shaved
But the rears fit with an issue- Correct?

Old 09-04-2015, 10:54 PM
shinjuku is on a distinguished road
So Nicholas, can you provide a link to 15mm spacers which require no pressing or grinding etc (just bolt on) and are available for delivery in the UK?

Thanks
S