Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A few sorta newbie questions 09 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
A few sorta newbie questions 09 Vantage

I recently purchased an 09 Vantage (I had an 07) and have a few features I have yet to figure out. I ordered a Owners Manual, but have not received it yet and it may be a few weeks.

The car came with an 'Alarm Upgrade'... I have no idea what that is nor how to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

There is an I-Pod connection... my I-Phone (4S) does not recognize the connector... do I just use an older I-Pod? (I have one), or can I get my I-Phone connected through the interface somehow?

On the left of the console is something that looks like it holds paper (like a business card)... can't figure out why its there or what purpose it can serve.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Old 08-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
The Alarm upgrade offers interior ultrasonic sensors to detect movement within the cabin, plus a tilt sensor for the car. There is a switch that allows you turn off the ultrasonics should you wish to leave someone/thing in the car and still lock the car/set the alarm.

I assume you have a Sportshift car, the slim slot is for credit cards or coins... or business cards

Best get one of the guys who has the same model iPhone as you to talk you through best set-up as the system can be quirky with some models, have a look here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-ipod-kit.html
Personally I use my phone just as a phone via Bluetooth and have my music collection on a USB stick that is always in the car

Old 08-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
question

How do you activate and deactivate the alarm, and do you know where the switch is?

Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
How do you activate and deactivate the alarm, and do you know where the switch is?
If I remember correctly, it's near the dead pedal

Old 08-30-2013, 01:52 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
My motion sensor shutoff is on the end of the dash that's exposed when you open the door. I seem to recall that it has to be pressed within 30 secs of turning off the car. Then just lock with the remote.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
found it

It was at the end of the dash! Thanks

Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
The 2009 I am looking at does not have an owner's manual either... what's the dealers price on a replacement, if you dont mind?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Iphone4

The I-Phone 4 says not recognized on my 09 yet works fine. It just wont charge, everything else should work OK.

The Alarm upgrade I never turn off. If you leave windows open and someone reaches in to steal something it get loud. I discovered this when a DB9 Convert at a dealer was locked, so I reached in to open the car from the inside and the alarm went off. I guess if you park the car and a dog is inside it keeps the alarm from going off, other than that I don't know why you would deactivate it.

Mine also came without an owners manual... took a long time to deliver

Old 11-06-2013, 08:06 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Part # 6G43-40-10387 for 2009 models

Old 11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
The 2009 I am looking at does not have an owner's manual either... what's the dealers price on a replacement, if you dont mind?
I had the same (no owners manual) problem on my old car and I found an owners manual for sale on eBay.