Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

06 DB9 loose wing mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered PM
jr_spyder is a jewel in the roughjr_spyder is a jewel in the roughjr_spyder is a jewel in the rough
06 DB9 loose wing mirrors

Hi All,

I just added a 2006 DB9 Volante to our collection as my wife's car. It's in beautiful condition with only 24k miles. It has just a few minor annoyances that I need to fix or have fixed. Most annoying is that both wing mirrors are loose on their folding mounts (not the glass, the entire structure). They tend to fold in a little at higher speeds, or just find new positions on their own. Can anyone tell me if there is a simple adjustment to tighten up the hinges?

I should also mention that the mirror glass doesn't move at all from the switches. So something it wrong there too but I have't yet investigated. The little lights come on on the switch when you press the left of right button - so there is power there- so my guess is that I have either a switch problem or a wiring problem downstream of the switch. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

JR

Old 09-08-2013, 09:54 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Does the car have power fold mirrors? If so press both the left and right selector buttons at the same time. This should fold the mirrors in and you might hear a loud pop. If so, check to see if the mirrors work, and if they still move when driving.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Registered PM
jr_spyder is a jewel in the roughjr_spyder is a jewel in the roughjr_spyder is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for reply. No, I don't have the power folding option. Yesterday I managed to remove one mirror assembly from a door hoping I could get to the hinge mechanism from underneath and adjust it appropriately. Unfortunately there is no adjustment there, so I put everything back together. Do you know how the mirror glass is removed from it's mount in the frame? Going in from that direction might help me with the hinge but I was afraid to try to just pry out/snap out the glass.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:59 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
If I remember right that glass unclips from the motor. If you move the glass full in one direction u might be able to see how it comes off behind it.