Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another V8V value question

Old 09-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Venum is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Baker19
Venum,
I was in exactly the same boat as you for months now. I wanted a black / black highly optioned very low mileage 2009 for a steal. My wife really thought I should get midnight blue and not black. I just sold an M5 in interlagos blue but I do like the midnight blue. I ended up finding a midnight blue with black interior but with more miles on it that I wanted...right about 19K. We are all faced with trade-offs. I had watched this car drop in price significantly over the last few months. From someone who has been looking for months, AM Vantages are not really moving at the prices being asked and you're right, they are all over the board. I ended up buying the 2009 midnight blue / black this week from a certified AM dealer with the standard one year CPO warranty. The car is pretty optioned out with the sports pack (nicer wheels / suspension), HID, silver painted calipers, bright finish grill, premium sound, memory seats / mirrors, sat / nav, sat radio, and bluetooth. It has the sportshift transmission and I was a bit concerned from what I read about clutch life in these. Since I was buying it from the AM dealer and it has to pass all checks with very low wear limits, they had just replaced the clutch, done the two year service interval, and brake pads.

When I first saw the car, they were asking high $80s. They had dropped the price to $80K and then a bit below that recently. I offered $70K and they said they could do $70.5K without the warranty of $72K with the factory one year CPO warranty. I jumped on this at $72K with the one year CPO once I got the service history and found out it has a brand new clutch and all service just done. All books and records are there and it's got all of the options I wanted. I wish it only had 10K miles on it but I feel I bought it very well overall. I can buy another one year of AM factory warranty for $3,600 and two years for around $6,300. Any thoughts on doing this or taking my chances after the one year CPO runs out? Only plan on driving it maybe 3-4K miles per year max.

Good luck Venum finding your car and I hope this will help as a data point on what one person just paid for a 2009.
Now that's the kind of success story I like to read. I have time on my side so I'll hold out for a the right price. Did some quick research and Cargurus has 5 similar V8V's that have been on the market an average of 70 days with the longest pushing 6 months.

I'm sure others will speak up about your warranty options.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
2009 Black/Black with some great options including sports wheels and 25k miles for asking price of $73,950 in Arizona. It is not a manual however...

Old 10-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
2009 Black/Black with some great options including sports wheels and 25k miles for asking price of $73,950 in Arizona. It is not a manual however...
Yeah, it has to be a manual because my commute involves stop and go traffic.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 PM
slayer of souls is on a distinguished road
US Prices are phenomenal. My 07 cost me 72 plus taxes (13%)

Old 10-18-2013, 03:14 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
One thing I would point out about cargurus which I found useful is that they graph the price vs miles on cars that meet your description so you can get an idea of how much the dealer may be willing to negotiate.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
I can probably get the 09 mentioned above for $72k... maybe $71. Really depends on how much is he hurting financially mid month. Same year better options, manual is $83k at the Bentley dealer. Go figure...

Old 10-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
I can probably get the 09 mentioned above for $72k... maybe $71. Really depends on how much is he hurting financially mid month. Same year better options, manual is $83k at the Bentley dealer. Go figure...

Just goes to show the big swing in prices which is typical with exotics. I search AM dealers and the major car sales websites on a daily basis and haven't come across anything close to the prices you quote. Would you mind sending me a pm on the Bentley one?

Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Venum,

The AM @ Scottsdale Bentley is gone, but they have a 2008. Also there is a silver 2008 manual at a different Scottsdale dealership. Here is the link:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...56408404&Log=0

Old 10-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Racer_X
The nav system is universally panned, but I'd get a car that includes it for resale purposes. A car at this level without a navigation system just seems odd to potential buyers.

Although the system is one of the worst out there, it works fine for point-to-point directions. Just don't expect to use the displayed map as a map as it is typically just a bunch of unlabelled squiggly lines on the screen.
You haven't seen a bad Nav system until you've seen the one in the Ferrari 599.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:34 PM
rbobby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by drcollie
The Navigation systems in these cars are Volvo units and not only difficult to use (except in the newest cars) but clunky. Everyone seems to want them in the cars but then no one ever uses them! I'd not care if my car didn't have it in the least.
Totally agree. Navigation system is pretty bad. I wouldn't care much if a car doesn't have it. But again, buyers who never experienced it doesn't know how useless it is. Bluetooth phone is useless too in mine. Dealer says it's out dated when paired with the newer phones. Not an issue for me, I don't talk on the phone when driving.

Premium audio sounds great even with the top down. I don't use it much though, the engine sounds better.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Search is over !

A few weeks ago I sealed the deal on a nicely optioned 2013 Meteorite Silver V8V with a manual tranny. Love the car and now looking forward to the typical mods. So far I've blacked out the rims and trim and next on the list will be window tint & clear bra. Have a few questions that I'll ask when I have more time.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	312423   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	752.2 KB
ID:	312424   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	312425  
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Baker19
Venum,
I was in exactly the same boat as you for months now. I wanted a black / black highly optioned very low mileage 2009 for a steal. My wife really thought I should get midnight blue and not black. I just sold an M5 in interlagos blue but I do like the midnight blue. I ended up finding a midnight blue with black interior but with more miles on it that I wanted...right about 19K. We are all faced with trade-offs. I had watched this car drop in price significantly over the last few months. From someone who has been looking for months, AM Vantages are not really moving at the prices being asked and you're right, they are all over the board. I ended up buying the 2009 midnight blue / black this week from a certified AM dealer with the standard one year CPO warranty. The car is pretty optioned out with the sports pack (nicer wheels / suspension), HID, silver painted calipers, bright finish grill, premium sound, memory seats / mirrors, sat / nav, sat radio, and bluetooth. It has the sportshift transmission and I was a bit concerned from what I read about clutch life in these. Since I was buying it from the AM dealer and it has to pass all checks with very low wear limits, they had just replaced the clutch, done the two year service interval, and brake pads.

When I first saw the car, they were asking high $80s. They had dropped the price to $80K and then a bit below that recently. I offered $70K and they said they could do $70.5K without the warranty of $72K with the factory one year CPO warranty. I jumped on this at $72K with the one year CPO once I got the service history and found out it has a brand new clutch and all service just done. All books and records are there and it's got all of the options I wanted. I wish it only had 10K miles on it but I feel I bought it very well overall. I can buy another one year of AM factory warranty for $3,600 and two years for around $6,300. Any thoughts on doing this or taking my chances after the one year CPO runs out? Only plan on driving it maybe 3-4K miles per year max.

Good luck Venum finding your car and I hope this will help as a data point on what one person just paid for a 2009.

This was an exceptional deal...

Venum congrats on the pickup, its a stunner!