Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Shall I Buy a DBS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 05:59 PM
mojo_tony is on a distinguished road
Shall I Buy a DBS?

Ok so I now have about £100k to spend on a car.

I want to get a used DBS Volante, something like this - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...mc-cars-EAF004

I've looked about on the internet and there is one thing the dealers don't mention to you that has seemed to be cropping up, and that is that the car breaks a lot. Is this true?

Can someone give me a % on the likelihood of it having problems? Also, I'm guessing AM would fix the car if there were problems within the first few years of it?

I was dead set on getting one, but now I am having second thoughts.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:52 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
No reason for second thoughts. Very reliable, few problems. Should be under original (transferrable) warranty.

Being in the UK you should also visit:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/f...h=0&f=70&mid=0
http://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php?...8.0#headerarea

Also get Grants book, "The Definitive Guide..." mentioned here and on the other forums.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:13 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
I've put 10k miles on a 2010 DBS. Only minor issues, less than my Bimmer.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:39 PM
kaj
kaj is on a distinguished road
That's a beauty Tony, good luck to you in your hunt. I think the DBS and the Vantage are the two most perfectly proportioned cars AM has made recently. If finances allowed I'd be looking to step up into a DBS just like that. Whatever you get, please make sure to post some pics mate!

Old 12-31-2013, 12:37 AM
EZ1
EZ1 is on a distinguished road
Dont think twice

have had my 2010 dbs since new, absolute no issues, solid car.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:42 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
"Shall I buy a DBS"

The answer is not yes but "hell yes"!!

These era AMs are modern reliable machines, I am on my second one and no big issues so far.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice car. Question is the additional ~32K USD and if you are will to pay the extra.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:32 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
My dream car. Nice find!

Old 12-31-2013, 11:05 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I don't know where you're hearing they break a lot. I've had my V8V for 2 years and I flog it relentlessly and have no real issues. They're very, very well-built cars. I had a chance to drive a manual DBS and would have traded my V8V in for it if it weren't for my being in a relationship at the time (we wanted to build a house so I wasn't allowed to spend any money haha). They're fantastic cars.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Myths about Astons

Before the Vantage I had 3 old school Astons - drive and fix was the norm. I had a new 07 Vantage - drove it hard for 23,000 miles and it was as solid the day I sold it as the day I picked it up new from the dealer. Annual service was very reasonable. Now I have an 09 Vantage - not a problem with anything so far this year - bought it with 31,000 miles on it.
Very reliable.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:48 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by yvr
No reason for second thoughts. Very reliable, few problems. Should be under original (transferrable) warranty.

Being in the UK you should also visit:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/f...h=0&f=70&mid=0
http://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php?...8.0#headerarea

Also get Grants book, "The Definitive Guide..." mentioned here and on the other forums.
All very good suggestions!

They are pretty reliable

If it were me I'd look at a DB9.2 and add some Bamford Rose mods to make it more powerful than the DBS (I'm not a fan of the styling on a DBS Volante)

Good time to buy a volante though!

Old 01-02-2014, 10:18 AM
ok thanks guys.. Read a few comments on youtube and a friend said her friend rents out luxury cars and the Astons always have problems with them.

Going to look at it on Sunday, can't wait.. Not touched a DBS in the flesh yet as my local dealer didn't have any.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Got it!

Loving it so far. It's the Carbon Edition so there's extra carbon fibre all over it. Need to get used to the power or it so taking it easy at the moment!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	70e5no.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	318850  
Old 01-08-2014, 07:12 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Congratulations!

Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shall I Buy a DBS?