Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Northern Virginia Get Together - Interested?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:04 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Northern Virginia Get Together - Interested?

I think we have a number of us Aston Martin owners within easy driving distance of Washington DC and I thought perhaps we should do a little get together this spring. I mentioned it to Pieter (Brand Manager at Aston Martin of Washington) and he was all for it. Every year there is anevent in the spring called the Deustche Marque Concours in Vienna VA and I've been going as long as I can remember (as a BMW and Porsche owner). It's a nice, laid back event in a grassy county park - you can see it here from last year:

http://www.dmconcours.com/index.html

The 2014 Date is already set for Sunday, May 5th at Nottoway Park. For judging purposes its limited to Porsche, BMW and Mercedes (can't recall seeing Audi's showing up)

Last year I took my Aston to the park instead of my BMW, and since I was in a British car I simply parked in the main lot for spectators. One of the event organizers noticed my car and asked me to bring it in to the display area inside the fence so people could see it with the German Cars - so I did.

On a hunch I emailed John McWilliams who is the event organizer for the BMW side of things to ask if they'd like to have some Aston Martins show up for the corral area (non-judging). He said 'certainly, they will have a space for cool and exotic cars by the fence near the entrance road' on the display field. So, there is easily room to accommodate thirty or so cars - and those of us on 6-Speed On Line can have a little gathering there if so desired. There's lots of other cars to see and good food on the premises, so its a good 'car guy' day. I would imagine AM of Washington will bring a few cars over once I tell them we can have some space at the event.

So, anyone interested? If so, just reply to this thread and let's see! I'll drive my 07 Vantage there, for sure....and would like to meet you guys face to face and see your rides. This would be non-judging and we would keep apart from the German cars that will be judged, however we will be on the same field. Sunday, May 5th, things are going pretty good by 9 a.m and start breaking down about 2 p.m, so its not along day....let me know!

Duane Collie

Last edited by drcollie; 01-07-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:38 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
For some reason my computer's calender says May 5th is a Monday. The website in your link has it as Sunday the 5th, too. If it's on a Sunday (the 4th?), I should be able to make it.

I've been to plenty of events with the Mid-Atlantic crowd and it's always a good time!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
It will be the Sunday for sure....I grabbed the date off the BMW Web site (NCC Chapter). May 4th it is.....

Old 01-07-2014, 09:56 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Coolbeans, I should be there. I guess everyone's grabbing that same date from each other haha

Old 01-08-2014, 03:37 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in. It will be the first time I'm going in something other than a Porsche!

Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I'll consider doing this as its only 239 miles away from my home in NJ…. which is about 3 hours. It could be worth it if the weather is good. It would be really cool if the guy who bought my 2007 V8V showed… He purchased it from AM Washington DC.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:10 AM
DeskJob1 is on a distinguished road
Marked my calendar.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Aston Martin of Washington has told me they will be there with some new Astons. Maybe the V12S will be here by then.....

We're going to need a Aston banner to hang on the fence...lol

Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drcollie
Aston Martin of Washington has told me they will be there with some new Astons. Maybe the V12S will be here by then.....

We're going to need a Aston banner to hang on the fence...lol
I have a banner… was given to me from my nephew as a Christmas gift… I'll bring it.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
I have a banner… was given to me from my nephew as a Christmas gift… I'll bring it.
Excellent! We might get asked to take it down by the GERMANS* though, depends on if they think we're drawing too much attention...lol

* They must be stopped

Old 01-09-2014, 07:01 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be interested and will keep my Italian on the street since it's sacrilege to ze Germans .

Old 01-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by RossL
I'd be interested and will keep my Italian on the street since it's sacrilege to ze Germans .
Heck no, bring the Ferrari and park it on the fence. To be clear, the fence line is open to all exotics - I didn't secure it just for Aston's by any means. It's their event and ultimately they will control who parks where, but they are going to let Ferraris in for sure on the display field. I'd love to see it and maybe convince you to take me for a ride in yours.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by drcollie
I'd love to see it and maybe convince you to take me for a ride in yours.
Get in line

Old 01-15-2014, 10:20 AM
While we're waiting for this, here's another event.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...3-29-14-a.html

Last year there were over 800 cars, of all sorts - everything up to and including a *street registered* 5-ton military truck. At one point a helicopter came by to film and photograph it.

But out of all those cars, there were only THREE Aston Martins, including mine. So if any of our Mid-Atlantic AM owners have the day free, it'd be awesome to see some more of us there!

Old 05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Are we still on for Sunday? My car is still dirty from the HPDE on Thursday but I'll get it cleaned on Saturday. What time are you guys planning on showing up?