Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Manual to Paddle Shift conversion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Manual to Paddle Shift conversion?

Has anyone done this?

Is it a viable option to do and with the latest software will this increase the torque curve?

As much as there are a lot of gear shift fans I prefer the paddle shift. I have done too much to my car to sell it and then purchase a paddle shift as well.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:56 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
It can be done - the Works service offers it, and I think Bamford Rose. But I have no idea how much it'd be.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:39 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
You would likely be far better off to sell your existing car and buy a different one configured the way you want.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I know that you say you've modded the car too much to sell it, but I agree with drcollie. If you want paddles, get a new car. Maybe you can swap out the aftermarket parts from your current car before selling it. The buyer would probably pay more for the car if it was in OEM form anyway.

This is one reason I don't do heavy mods on my cars. You'll never get your money back if/when you sell. While I've thought on several occasions that I'll "never sell" a new acquisition, I always find that I get the itch for a new car within a couple years.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
They do not share any parts..you would need everything, even a transmission would be needed, for they are different...if you have the pockets then sky is the limit...but would be cheaper to just sell(eat the loss if any) and buy one with ASM..versus converting ur car in question

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by irish07
They do not share any parts..you would need everything, even a transmission would be needed, for they are different...if you have the pockets then sky is the limit...but would be cheaper to just sell(eat the loss if any) and buy one with ASM..versus converting ur car in question
Interesting. Not a big issue to get automatic functionality so will probably leave the car as is and maybe get cruise control.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM
nbrigdan is on a distinguished road
Here is one done by racers, so it might work well for your application:
http://www.bamfordrose.com/v8-and-v12-options.html

Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by nbrigdan
Here is one done by racers, so it might work well for your application:
http://www.bamfordrose.com/v8-and-v12-options.html
Those are the guys doing my car (Johnny 550)
AFAIK it is possible to convert 6MT to ASM1 but NOT ASM2
Though I'd rather buy an ASM2 car, I didn't like the reverse gear and creep mode in ASM1