Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Reality check....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:30 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
DB9, get the big boys car ( no offence to the vantage guys)

Old 02-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn has a spectacular aura about
Give the Maserati Granturismo S a drive...its in between the V8V and BGT.

I came from Maserati Coupe to V8V

Old 02-13-2014, 01:15 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Drive a DB9 and feel for yourself.

I thought I wanted a Virage. Then I drove one and wasn't so convinced. It's wonderful but it turns out I prefer the smaller feel of the Vantage. Then again, I keep thinking I should go back and drive another one and a DB because I really liked the highway feel of the bigger car and I'm looking forward to road trips in the near future.

The Bentley is a nice car. It just isn't a brilliant and rare gem.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:56 PM
nbrigdan is on a distinguished road
Most simple way to cure yourself of the Bentley is to drive a VW Phaeton, afterwards you will never look at a continental or conti GT the same.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:43 PM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
The only negative thing I have to say about DB9 ownership is the extra 15 minutes I have to spend admiring the car after I park it.

I swear I'm always late these days.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GeorgeP
Alight. Alright.

You all have convinced me.

Now let me muddy the water once again.

Found a very nice '10 V8V coupe and also ran across a few '09 DB9s.

Thoughts?
Nothing muddy about it. Time for the real thing, not the entry level model.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:57 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
The obvious answer is to drive them both, then decide. I prefer the smaller V8 Vantage to the DB9 though… I wouldn't own a DB9 but I do prefer the DBS over the V8 Vantage.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Nothing muddy about it. Time for the real thing, not the entry level model.
The entry model is more fun to drive though!

Old 02-13-2014, 04:52 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by blue_skies
The only negative thing I have to say about DB9 ownership is the extra 15 minutes I have to spend admiring the car after I park it.

I swear I'm always late these days.
Yep, its a problem-- BUT I don't mind

Old 02-13-2014, 04:58 PM
GeorgeP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nbrigdan
The entry model is more fun to drive though!
Probably a true statement.

The 2010 V8V would be a "step up" for me in a few regards...

* More luggage room (currently have a roadster)
(my wife and I always have an issue trying to cram in one more bag)
* More power going from a 4.3 liter to a 4.7 liter

I love my Vantage but would just like to have a few of these issues addressed.

Like I had said earlier....I'm not a driver that has to take every curve at the max or run at the red line all the time. I do appreciate the occasional pushing the throttle into a nice country back road curve.

I must admit the four hour drive to Atlanta last weekend left me a little stiff (can't do it like I used to).

After someone mentioned the DB9 I drug out the "Definitive Guide".

Maybe the DB9 is a good mixture of sport and touring.

I know you all are going to say drive both an go from there. Which is good advice.

I do appreciate everyone's input as I'm sure most of you have a lot more experience in the exotic car club than I.

Thanks again.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Probably a true statement.

The 2010 V8V would be a "step up" for me in a few regards...

* More luggage room (currently have a roadster)
(my wife and I always have an issue trying to cram in one more bag)
* More power going from a 4.3 liter to a 4.7 liter

I love my Vantage but would just like to have a few of these issues addressed.

Like I had said earlier....I'm not a driver that has to take every curve at the max or run at the red line all the time. I do appreciate the occasional pushing the throttle into a nice country back road curve.

I must admit the four hour drive to Atlanta last weekend left me a little stiff (can't do it like I used to).

After someone mentioned the DB9 I drug out the "Definitive Guide".

Maybe the DB9 is a good mixture of sport and touring.

I know you all are going to say drive both an go from there. Which is good advice.

I do appreciate everyone's input as I'm sure most of you have a lot more experience in the exotic car club than I.

Thanks again.
You could always just put some ohlins coilovers/shocks on a V8V, because it's such a better damper you can really get a nice ride, and even better handling.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:40 AM
GeorgeP is on a distinguished road
Let me get this straight....

Just compared model capacities in the D.G.

It says the boot capacity of a V8V coupe is 10.6 cf while the DB9 has barely more than my roadster. Am I looking at this correctly?

I'm hoping to sneak down to Atl Monday and see for myself but curiosity is getting the best of me.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:54 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future

It says the boot capacity of a V8V coupe is 10.6 cf while the DB9 has barely more than my roadster. Am I looking at this correctly?

I'm hoping to sneak down to Atl Monday and see for myself but curiosity is getting the best of me.
DB9 has that "back seat".
The Vantage coupe has very good cargo room.

I'm in a similar boat as you. I like my '08 but long for newer/better. In the '10 you will get the power, the electronics and much better suspension. The ride and overall suspension feel of a '10 is the main reason I plan to one day move up a few years. The power won't hurt either.

Also worth considering (part of why I went Vantage). Of the "exotics" a V8Vantage is one of the most reliable and lowest cost of maintenance. The V12 is very sweet but everything about taking care of it costs more. Not a deal breaker in this range (one hopes), but a very valid consideration in the mix.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:54 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute

Apples and oranges comparison. Vantage 'boot' includes all the space up to the rear of the seats, while DB9 is only the boot proper. You need to add in the 'back seat' area as space for luggage for a valid capacity comparison.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:51 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
Yep, it will be well worth your time to drive a DB9. I went V8V to a DB9 Volante and now back to a V8VS. With the back seats the DB9 had more cargo space, even though it was a convertible. It will still be sharp enough for the occasional bout of hooliganism when you want to rail a corner, but will offer a ride far better suited to daily commuting. I didn't even mind the automatic transmission now that I think about it.

Good luck choosing, kinda seems like you can't really go wrong.

Cheers,
Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reality check....