Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Lipstick

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Lipstick

A few weeks ago when I finished my vinyl wrap project, I added a black gloss lipstick to the car just for fun. I was attending a "meet and greet" with the Aston Martin Racing team and their owner and I decide to put the lipstick on in their honor for the Sebring 12hr race. They loved it and it has stayed on my car for much longer than I had anticipated it would. I thought for sure my wife would hate it but, surprisingly, she thinks it looks pretty good.

I realized that I hadn't posted any pictures of it on 6speed so today, while I was at the local city hall parking garage, I took a picture of it with my iPhone.

What do you think? Should I leave it on?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	V12V-GT4_zps59742d0c.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	353018  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Close up

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	V12V-GT4-2_zps75993a7d.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	353019  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good, at least in the very artsy photo. Keep it.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I dig it. Looks good in those photos.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:48 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Clean and is very classy! Leave it on.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Outstanding.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry, honestly it doesn't do it for me. The rest of the car is gorgeous but to me this makes it look like a clown mouth

Old 03-31-2014, 03:33 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
I love the lipstick idea but I'm curious why did you choose black?

Old 03-31-2014, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Looks good, at least in the very artsy photo. Keep it.
Not bad for an iPhone, right?

Originally Posted by Bleen
Sorry, honestly it doesn't do it for me. The rest of the car is gorgeous but to me this makes it look like a clown mouth
No need for apologies. This is why I asked for opinions.

Originally Posted by N91K
I love the lipstick idea but I'm curious why did you choose black?
1) I had extra material left over from doing the roof and taillights;
2) I thought it was more subtle than some of the racecar color choices;
3) It blended better with the grille;
4) Some of the newer Vantages have black lipstick from the factory

Just out of curiosity, what color would you have chosen?

Old 03-31-2014, 07:11 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
It does look great with the grill i must agree, i was inspired by the N430 blue/red so i thought maybe red would look good too.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:38 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
+1 leave it on

Old 03-31-2014, 08:47 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
KEEP IT! Best Lip Job ever

Old 03-31-2014, 09:58 AM
der Fahrer is on a distinguished road
I like it. I also love the background lighting on the first pic. Just needs one or two off-camera light sources to really make the subject pop!

Old 03-31-2014, 10:14 AM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
I like it.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by der Fahrer
I like it. I also love the background lighting on the first pic. Just needs one or two off-camera light sources to really make the subject pop!
In this case, the two light sources were the sun coming in from the open sides of the parking garage. And some creative adjustments in Adobe Lightroom, of course.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lipstick