Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Owners Club...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin Owners Club...

Any members here? Feedback on membership (is it worthwhile?)

Old 04-01-2014, 10:51 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rscultho
Any members here? Feedback on membership (is it worthwhile?)
To me it is.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:12 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I've been a member for a couple of years. Sort of depends on how active your local chapter is. Really nice quarterly magazine.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:13 PM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
To me it is.
Care to elaborate? Benefits/pluses you get out of it?

North American membership is $242 per year...says that includes AM News...I think that is a quarterly publication?

Old 04-01-2014, 12:24 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rscultho
Care to elaborate? Benefits/pluses you get out of it?

North American membership is $242 per year...says that includes AM News...I think that is a quarterly publication?
Vantage Point quarterly magazine
AMHT yearly book
AM Quarterly magazine
Attendance at NA East AMOC gathering and other minor events
----------

AM News costs extra (published monthly) and of no use to NA members. Plus you can download them from the AMOC web site if you are a member.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:29 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
Aston always welcomes AMOC members at Pebble Beach as well. I think it is worth being a member.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:56 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'm in my second year of membership.

Last year I went to Aston Martin's Centenary in England with AMOC. Being invited on the trip was well worth the cost, it was an absolutely amazing trip (pics are in one of the stickies). Plus, the discount we got for the hotel more than covered the cost of AMOC membership, so I've actually gotten more than my money's worth from the dues.

I got the publications last year, but very rarely actually read them. I put them all in an "I'll get to this later" pile but never did. So this year I saved the cash and skipped the mailings.

As mentioned above, it also depends on how active AMOC is in your area. The mid-Atlantic area is fairly active, so its worthwhile to me based on that, too.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Aerome is on a distinguished road
I'm a member and the info I was able to get on my DB7 was well worth the cost. Many AM dealers give discounts to members on services. Publications are interesting.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Dirty is on a distinguished road
I don't know if I should pay for membership or not myself. I need a guide for my db7 but man that yearly fee is frustrating. Maybe I'm spoiled when it comes to tech info considering I don't have to pay anything for info with my 911 (thanks to pelicanparts). I guess the membership fee is just another one of those taxes that comes with AM ownership.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:39 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I've been a member since taking ownership of a 2007 Vantage in 2010... Its worth it to me as the annual Lime Rock track event in June is not to be missed.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Aerome is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dirty
I don't know if I should pay for membership or not myself. I need a guide for my db7 but man that yearly fee is frustrating. Maybe I'm spoiled when it comes to tech info considering I don't have to pay anything for info with my 911 (thanks to pelicanparts). I guess the membership fee is just another one of those taxes that comes with AM ownership.
If you save on just one DB7 repair or knowing where to get a part in less than three weeks, it'll be worth it. The knowledge base of Jaguar parts substitution alone is priceless. Plenty of those porch cars around, how many DB7's have you seen on the road? The fee is a tough nut to swallow but hey, you're an Aston Martin owner now.