Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2015 V8 Vantage GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XWCGT
why would anyone buy an Vantage S then?
Probably the issue is that people weren't buying Vantage S's. Or at least, not in significant enough numbers. Or Vantages for that matter. We all know the product line is a bit long in the tooth, but it is still an awesome platform to drive, very desirable car and has huge curb appeal.

I guess the theory is, there's not a strong market for the Vantage S at its price point, but there's a strong market at this price point for a car that has all the good stuff off the 'S' but without some of the fluffy stuff.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-16-2014, 01:08 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Anybody interested in buying my '07MY V8V? seriously.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Could we please see an options list

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-16-2014, 01:16 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Right there with you... Very tempted to sell before the new ones come out!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:18 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Could we please see an options list
LOL

Right now my options are:

- sell the car as is with all options
- sell the car with some options, negotiable with the buyer
- sell the car in fully stock configuration (well, except for the sport pack wheels which would be included)
- put the car on consignment at my dealer either in modified , semi-modified or stock configuration
- trade in my car in stock configuration to the dealer and sell many of my options on eBay.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:18 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
I just posted my 07 for sale. And I only had it for two weeks!!

Old 04-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Because you plan to get a GT as well, or some other reason?

Old 04-16-2014, 02:36 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
"The V8VGT price is going to be a kick in the sack for current owners on resale/trade-in." And "We're All Current Owners!". So I guess the only way I can survive and not take the big hit is to just keep mine for another 10-years or so, Oh well, I was planning to do that anyway.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Because you plan to get a GT as well, or some other reason?
Absolutely, it's always better to be the first owner IMO

Old 04-16-2014, 03:35 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by telum01
The V8VGT is just a repositioning of the Vantage line. That's it.
It is not a new car. It is not a track-spec model.
There is no real difference between the V8VS and the upcoming V8VGT, except for less options and certain reduced functionality (for example, I don't think the tire pressure readout will be carried over to the V8VGT). I'm sure certain things will be dropped from the V8VS to better fit the new pricing of the V8VGT.

The current V8VS will become the basic Vantage, and that basic Vantage (the V8VGT) will have a lower base price than the current basic Vantage. That's it. That's what you're seeing. In standard Aston Martin fashion, they're calling it a special edition to get attention - it's just pure marketing.

The Vantage line will start at a lower price. The AMG-based Vantages will constitute the trim levels above the V8VGT.

Aston offering a track edition of the Vantage is a completely different topic. A track edition of the Vantage has nothing to do with the V8VGT. Aston DOES offer a track version of the V8V - it's the GT4. But that's an actual track car. The N400 was an in-between at one point. Remember the Top Gear episode with James May nearly naked and pouring water over himself while driving? If I remember correctly, that was an N400.

If you guys are looking for a track edition V8V, I think the V8VGT is perfect. Get one with no options and then prep it. You're starting from a MUCH lower price than you otherwise would be and you're getting the performance of the V8VS.
I believe James May was driving a DBR-9. Also if you are looking to make a track car why not buy a used V8V that will be 60k for a 4.7L soon (if not already)?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:39 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I'm not happy about this GT development but if its going to sell more cars for AM then its good for the company and as a brand loyalist I'm really ok with that. Lets face it, $100K cars do not sell in volume so I doubt I'll see many of these cars on the road (like Porsches). What remains for me is that I still I love driving my V8S despite the depreciation hit I'm going to take.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:40 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rossl
i believe james may was driving a dbr-9. Also if you are looking to make a track car why not buy a used v8v that will be 60k for a 4.7l soon (if not already)?
n400

Old 04-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rohnin
Absolutely, it's always better to be the first owner IMO
I prefer to be the second. It makes things much nicer at trade-in time.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:18 PM
^^^^ First gives you the chance to spec the car exactly how you want. Second gives you the chance to let someone else take the initial depreciation :-)

Old 04-16-2014, 04:46 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
I believe James May was driving a DBR-9. Also if you are looking to make a track car why not buy a used V8V that will be 60k for a 4.7L soon (if not already)?
DBR9 was a different episode. The N400 one was a road trip, along with a GT3RS and Gallardo Superleggera.

I was saying to buy a V8VGT because the discussion veered to AM offering a streetable track car. If people want a factory-built option, they won't be buying used.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 V8 Vantage GT