My instrument display is dead - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

My instrument display is dead

Old 10-04-2018, 09:59 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The wife and I always loved little 2 seater sports cars. First was a 69' Midget, then a friend I met in school had a 69' Sprite, We bought that, his and hers. I ended up having about 7 or 8 over the years, because if you owned one you HAD to have a parts car, or 3. I bought a few just to break up and kept an add in the Tradin Times.selling Mk IV parts. You were already ahead if it had good lever shocks! LOL We almost bought a silver 69' Tuscan in North Jersey that was the last unrestored Tuscan left of the 12? 289HP's. but he just wouldn't come off the $25K which was dreamer at the time, you could buy a clean Tiger for $5000. My much older brother always had Mini's, his last was a 69' [always been my favorite year - and number] dual tank with D port heads, they imported 4 in 69' all for racing only. He had it detuned and that was his daily. I was so pissed when he sold it he wouldn't let me buy it!! [he knew how I'd drive it! LOL] Nothing I've ever driven was as on rails as that Mini.

I had too much experience with Lucas, it's just been so long I forgot all the jokes we used to tell. Trip down mamory lane.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by J doubleU View Post
Wait for it...it will happen soon enough. Order the part.
I ordered the part, lol. It worked for about 2 minutes then went back to FUBAR. When I start the engine all appears for then within a couple of minutes the issues arise.