Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Backup camera system to work with Navscreen...$319

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 05:11 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Backup camera system to work with Navscreen...$319

This place shows a backup camera system that displays on the Navscreen...price shows at $319...

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Catalog/...-Camera-System

EDIT: Tried looking for some reviews of this place. Found a good bit of fake ones, and others that are not good.

Last edited by rscultho; 04-28-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:48 AM
Also found this info on Piston Heads...this is the Volvo system that interfaces with the Aston Navsystem

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...at+nav.+&mid=0

Here's the site that sells it...
http://www.volvotech.eu/index.php?ro...category_id=61

And here's a thread on Piston Heads a guy posted that installed it himself...listed the steps involved
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...rward+Cameras+

Old 04-28-2014, 06:45 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I bought this one for my scud after hearing of another guy on fchat getting one. I like it because you can view the video on your iphone. Only $90.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:16 AM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
which of the models can be connected to the iPhone ?
where did you buy it ?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Guess I forgot the link. The one I'm talking about is on ebay. You can search for "wifi backup camera."

Old 04-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I bought this one for my scud after hearing of another guy on fchat getting one. I like it because you can view the video on your iphone. Only $90.
Does it feed into the NAV system also or only wifi?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rscultho
This place shows a backup camera system that displays on the Navscreen...price shows at $319...

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Catalog/...-Camera-System

EDIT: Tried looking for some reviews of this place. Found a good bit of fake ones, and others that are not good.
I see this one has a WiFi option but the license plate camera looks a little bulky. What did you think about it after install? Also wondering if it has an option for outside video input?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Fubar
I see this one has a WiFi option but the license plate camera looks a little bulky. What did you think about it after install? Also wondering if it has an option for outside video input?
I have not installed it...I found the site while doing some research on camera kits to fit Aston Martin.

After finding them I looked at their reviews and they have a lot of negative reviews/feedback. They have a lot of absolutely glowing reviews as well. Generally, when you find such a dichotomy of reviews it usually means that most of the glowing reviews are fake; not much in between. Also, the glowing reviews are very general in description, where the bad reviews talk about specific problems and have a good deal of detail. Another sign that the glowing/positive reviews are fake.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:40 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
wow great research on your part! I will read up on your provided links and see what i can locate as well.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting, but why? If you have parking sensors it should be enough, right? I'd say a better upgrade would be to replace the sh*tty volvo nav with the garmin one...

Old 04-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bleen
Interesting, but why? If you have parking sensors it should be enough, right?
...and if you don't and can't see a damn thing behind you?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:16 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Racer_X
...and if you don't and can't see a damn thing behind you?
I guess if you don't have the parking sensors then maybe. None of my previous cars had parking sensors and I never touched anything with the rear of the car. I can't argue they're very useful and make my life easier.

I think they're more useful in the front though, because of those stupid stoppers (??) they put on parking lots and whatnot.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by Bleen
I guess if you don't have the parking sensors then maybe. None of my previous cars had parking sensors and I never touched anything with the rear of the car. I can't argue they're very useful and make my life easier.

I think they're more useful in the front though, because of those stupid stoppers (??) they put on parking lots and whatnot.
Yes, this is one of the reasons I wanted a front camera. I have "touched" a couple curbs and cement parking stops already. I am trying to not do this because I know the carbon fiber pieces on the front of the car would cost a fortune to replace.

And yes, the rear end of the DBS is difficult to see behind...I am glad there are parking sensors because if there weren't it would next to impossible to back up into any space/garage/whatever!