Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Twin Disc calibration problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 05:43 AM
Marcos AMV8 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Vantage Twin Disc calibration problem

Hi all!
I have installed a twin plate clutch and doesnīt work. I assumed that the clutch relearn calibrate it but didnīt work and I did it with the AC off, press the brake pedal and turn on ignition, wait for about ten seconds until a "click2 sounds and repeat the operation for 3 or 4 times.

My question is about if the relearn is to compensate the wear of the clutch or also can calibrate increments as when you put a new clutch. In Lambos you need to use the official diagnosis to do that so Im wondering that I have to do the same with the Aston MArtin diagnosis tool AMDS

Go to a dealer is not possible, the problem is that I live in a island in the front of Africa 1300 km by ship far away from Spain mainland so I have to solute this by my own

Old 08-29-2019, 03:45 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Did this get resolved? I just installed my VAP Twin Plate and the car is driving fine, but am getting a lot of powertrain associated codes. My dealer is the only local shop with an AMDS and they are backed up 3 weeks waitlist, as far as I'm aware on a sportshift it needs to be dealer/AMDS re-calibrated

After x amount of time driving, it will go into limp mode, then exit, then re-enter :/

Old 08-30-2019, 05:33 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe an AM mechanic would like a nice Canary Island working vacation?

Old 09-03-2019, 07:38 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
5 years waiting on a service call would be a little too late, don't you think?