Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

"This one takes gas?"

Old 06-14-2014, 09:29 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
"This one takes gas?"

Yes, the title to the thread - "This one takes gas?" - was what the attendant asked me today when I went to fill up.

He thought it was a Tesla coupe that runs on dino-juice. Hmmm.

On another note, my neighbor was walking by the other day, and as my garage door was open he spotted my car. "Hey, that's a nice Camaro!" He was serious.

All of this is normal in Oregon.

Last edited by spf1410; 06-14-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: I'm stupid.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 PM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
I was driving down PCH today and no one even glanced at my car.

...because there was a Vantage on my left and a DBS on my right.

All of this is normal in LA.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:17 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
The Model S was penned by Henrik Fisker. So I can see how some folks can get confused.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by V8Vin View Post
The Model S was penned by Henrik Fisker. So I can see how some folks can get confused.
I had no idea that Fisker had a hand in designing the beautiful Tesla Model S. Good-on Musk for getting Fisker involved.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
In Europe, Teslas run on 25% Russian coal, 20% Russian gas, and a bit of nuclear energy. Its an odd way to save the planet

Incidentally, if petrol is gas, what do you call gas in the US?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
karlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond repute
Gas is gas and petrol is fuel.

Also, a lot of places in Europe use renewable/green sources for energy. My brother just came back from Gemany and says he was amazed at the amount of solar power they use.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:34 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by karlfranz View Post
Gas is gas and petrol is fuel.

Also, a lot of places in Europe use renewable/green sources for energy. My brother just came back from Gemany and says he was amazed at the amount of solar power they use.
They do, but not so much in Northern countries. The solar panels are there, but the sun isn't

Old 06-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
In Europe, Teslas run on 25% Russian coal, 20% Russian gas, and a bit of nuclear energy. Its an odd way to save the planet
Even if you were to run an electric vehicle on a power from a plant that uses 100% coal or gas, its powertrain is a _lot_ more efficient than a gas powertrain. Most of the power in a gas car runs away in form of heat. 35% for gas, 90% for electric, according to http://www.teslamotors.com/goelectric/efficiency
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/...gy_losses.html

Originally Posted by dicktahoe View Post
I had no idea that Fisker had a hand in designing the beautiful Tesla Model S. Good-on Musk for getting Fisker involved.
He didn't. Model S was designed by Franz Von Holzhausen...

Old 06-17-2014, 04:06 PM
karlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond reputekarlfranz has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ So you're both right. Apparently Henrik did the original design but then Franz was hired to redesign it.