Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

power fold mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
power fold mirrors

Is the power fold feature standard on the V8 Vantage . I have a 2007 and cant get the feature to work . Any suggestions ?
The power mirrors both work just NOT the fold feature .

Old 11-22-2014, 07:37 AM
der Fahrer is on a distinguished road
No, it was not a standard feature in 2007. If your car has them you can operate it by pressing both the left and right mirror buttons simultaneously. Also, the dealer can program them to activate when you lock the doors.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by der Fahrer
No, it was not a standard feature in 2007. If your car has them you can operate it by pressing both the left and right mirror buttons simultaneously. Also, the dealer can program them to activate when you lock the doors.

So how do I know if it has the feature or not ?

Old 11-22-2014, 09:24 AM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
So how do I know if it has the feature or not ?
Press both the left and right mirror adjust button at the same time. If your mirrors fold, you have power folding mirrors. If not, you don't

Old 11-25-2014, 02:59 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
or if the computers are broken like my 2006, they wont work either..... or maybe the new computers gave that functionality... $1500 later, I have folding mirrors.... but most of all, my doors lock and unlock now.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:25 PM
der Fahrer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XWCGT
or if the computers are broken like my 2006, they wont work either..... or maybe the new computers gave that functionality... $1500 later, I have folding mirrors.... but most of all, my doors lock and unlock now.
Can you briefly explain the fix for your mirrors and door lock/unlock? My mirrors fold just fine, but occasionally my doors won't lock wirelessly despite making a "locking" noise and flashing the lights. Curious.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:41 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Can you briefly explain the fix for your mirrors and door lock/unlock? My mirrors fold just fine, but occasionally my doors won't lock wirelessly despite making a "locking" noise and flashing the lights. Curious.

I don't know if the two button push would fold the mirrors before, but certainly the locking only worked on the passenger side, and not the driver side. it would click but the driver side stayed open and wouldn't lock. I could lock it with the key and it would unlock, but I couldn't lock with the Fab or even the internal locking push button. so, the computer on the door was bad. and of course, you cant find the old computers, so you need a new computer, and the other side has to match so...... two computers and two installations.

now, its all hunkie dory! and as I said, I have the mirrors folding back when I lock the car now, which is kind of cool too.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:47 AM
flittlejr is on a distinguished road
Question Power Fold Mirrors

Mine quit working, so I made the 4hr each way trip to dealer. Reprogram mirrors and other computers to new specs. Mirrors work fine. Now three weeks later they stopped again. Sounds like a relay is going bad but where would it e located and which one? Thanks

Old 05-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey Flittlejr...you may want to start a new thread...any of these guys that originally posted maybe gone or not receive your question.

Good luck...almost sounds like losing power and then memory goes...do you use a battery tender? These cars stay alive even when key is taken out.

Example is homelink system on mirror always live...outlets live...and ASM pump actives each time the door is opened...

I would post new threat and get smarter people to answer for you...

Old 05-26-2018, 03:10 AM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
WELLL.. SON OF A GUN!. i just tried this on my 09 and it folds!!! i was giddy like a kid on Christmas day.

that was the one thing i was a tid bit disappointed that the Vantage mirros don't fold, but i guess it does. strange how the auto fold on locking isn't the default option. you would think it should like every other high end luxury vehicle. instead they make you go talk to a dealer to program it. i am really scratching my head right now on the logic.

thanks for the tip!

Old 05-26-2018, 12:43 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The powerfold is in the Menu options, you can set it to fold on lock.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:42 PM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
The powerfold is in the Menu options, you can set it to fold on lock.
unfortunately my 09 doesn't have that setting in the menu. i only have auto lock, home safe, and approach light. and outside of car settings i only have vin info and clock setting. must be an 2010 and onward option. oh well, at least now i know they do fold so i won't have to walk around my car and manually fold them.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Interesting, I thought that changed when they changed the interior.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:39 PM
Do all the 2007 Vantages have power fold mirrors and its just a matter of programming them to work ?
Mine do not power fold but I would not think they would put the actuator motors etc in for the sake if it and not program them .

Old 05-29-2018, 05:34 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Anyone looking for a set of carbon fiber DBS door mirrors? I have a beautiful used pair for sale..shoot me a Pm if interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: power fold mirrors