Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Service in Chicago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 02:16 PM
hrdlyhuman is on a distinguished road
Service in Chicago

Hi All - I recently purchased a 2008 Vantage V8 Roadster, and I was wondering where people are having their cars serviced in Chicago. I'm very familiar with Lake Forest Sports Cars, but, I live in the city, and sometimes the hike up there is difficult given my busy schedule. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with any of the high end shops in or around the city.

Much Appreciated!

Old 12-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Specifically, has anyone used Midwest Performance Cars in the city on Lake st? It's really the only shop I can find in the city that caters to performance / exotic vehicles. They seem to have good reviews on Yelp, but, I'd prefer to hear from someone whose AM they actually worked on.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:41 PM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
I bought my Aston at Napleton's Aston Martin in Downers Grove. They now have a showroom downtown at Clark and Maple. If you have service done in Downers Grove you can bring your car to the showroom and they will get it out to Downers Grove for you for service and when complete you can pick it up at the showroom.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Ahh, that is pretty convenient. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2014, 09:21 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Lake Forest Aston serviced my 2008 V8B and I was very pleased.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:01 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Napleton service manager Phil is great

Old 12-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Seven years ago I had a brand-new Aston Martin Vantage that was part and service by Lake Forest and I was extremely pleased with the service and the price. However Dave Pigg the salesman lied about the warranty and that was very upsetting.

I had mixed feelings when I got my 2009 vantage other to use Lake Forest or Napleton, but I thought even though I was not happy with the sales of my previous car I would still go to them because their service was so great. That was not the case this time. I found them lacking in quality and they were very expensive for the amount of work they did compared to my first experience which was when I bought the car from them. I doubt that I would go back to them nor will I ever buy a new Aston from them. I don't know if Napleton is any better but that's just my experience. I am hoping the rumor is true that the Minneapolis will have an Aston dealer by the spring.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:09 PM
eelton is on a distinguished road
I've taken my 2007 Vantage to European Auto Ltd., 2547 N. Lincoln. They have a focus on exotics. I've been happy with the service, and it's convenient if you live in the city (as I do).