Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

09 V8V Squeak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
09 V8V Squeak

Purchased an 09 V8V with 6500 miles on her last week and have put on 500 miles since, or essentially almost the annual average in a week.

When I first got her I didn't notice any issues. However, I've since noticed the breaks squeal and it seems to be getting progressively worse. Not only breaking, but making a righthand turn it sounds like they squeal even though I am not breaking, and I can even hear a faint squeal at low speeds just driving straight.

Any tips/thoughts appreciated!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:54 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
There are a few threads on here about brake squeal. Some change to aftermarket pads, others use BG Stop Squeal (it works!). Also look for bedding in procedures.

Your ebrake might also be dragging -- try pulling it up a notch or two while driving slowly to see if the squeal stops.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by yvr
There are a few threads on here about brake squeal. Some change to aftermarket pads, others use BG Stop Squeal (it works!). Also look for bedding in procedures.

Your ebrake might also be dragging -- try pulling it up a notch or two while driving slowly to see if the squeal stops.
I did some of the bedding in procedures with no luck.

I also lifted the ebrake up a couple notches and went to 15-20 mph for a minute then released the ebrake and the noise was still there. It seems to get progressively worse as time goes on. When I first turn on the car from cold and drive off I don't notice. After driving her for 15-20 minutes I'll notice it squeaks like a mouse just driving without breaking at low speed and when when making a right-hand turn.

The thread on BG Stop Squeal seems like a godsend, I will have to absolutely do that regardless.

Thanks!

Old 03-10-2015, 07:21 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Sounds like it is the handbrake pads. Try being very aggressive pull handbrake up harder for 10-15 seconds at a time. It takes a bit to deglaze the pads. Especially if they are 6 years old. You could have the pads replaced and verify correct cable adjustment. Then they will be brakes, not BREAKS.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Sounds like it is the handbrake pads. Try being very aggressive pull handbrake up harder for 10-15 seconds at a time. It takes a bit to deglaze the pads. Especially if they are 6 years old. You could have the pads replaced and verify correct cable adjustment. Then they will be brakes, not BREAKS.
Took her out for about 30 minutes today. Took off 8 times with several minutes in between and pulled the handbrake hard while pushing the button down for 15 seconds from 0-20mph.

After 30 minutes I noticed some squeal on while simply breaking and perhaps very faintly otherwise if at all. Hopefully this seems to have improved all around, thank you again for the tips!

Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 PM
A follow up, I also applied the BG Stop Squeal, works wonders. So far so good!