Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need your opinions..about to pull trigger on new wheels! What to do with old wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:39 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I think if you're serious about selling them, you might need to consider investing it getting them repaired first. Very few people are going to want to spend that kind of money on something they're going to have to immediately get repaired themselves.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:12 AM
eelton is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I think if you're serious about selling them, you might need to consider investing it getting them repaired first. Very few people are going to want to spend that kind of money on something they're going to have to immediately get repaired themselves.
Thanks. I'm sure you're right, but I listed them on eBay for $700 or best offer to see what happens.

The cheapest single wheel of this type is listed for $295 (without TPMS). There's another set for $1000, although black and with tires--again without TPMS, and with one rim "badly bent." A set of four described as "flawless" is listed as having sold for $1395. So, I think I priced mine to move...we'll see.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:26 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Priced low enough, someone could buy them to convert into coffee tables.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:04 PM
eelton is on a distinguished road
Wheels sold. All in all, pretty painless.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:27 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Un-informed question -

Will the new 19" wheel work with your existing fenders? I understand that your car originally shipped with 19s, but the new V-Spoke wheel you're looking at originally shipped with the V8VS, which had wider tires and fender flares, (didn't it?)

If so - will installing the wider 19" wheels, and subsequently, tires cause any issues with offset for steering, or increased chance of rock chips form the tires?

All that aside - I'd be hard pressed to spend that much money on wheels, unless they were considerably different looking after market wheels. Something drastically different will also differentiate your car from the hundreds of other silver V8Vs out there...

I've seen some amazing looking wheels int he picture thread...
I did just that when I had my 07 Vantage... moved to the Vantage S wheels with no problem what-so-ever. They really updated the looks of the car. As for my old wheels, I just recycled them. Funny, my 2013 has a similar paint combo so most folks think I still have my 2007 Vantage not a 2013 Vantage S... The 2007 is Goodwood Green... The 2013 is British Racing Green.

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 04-28-2015 at 09:33 AM.