Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Time to get nimble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:38 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
oh man that's brilliant, never even thought to remove every other slat, may do that myself this weekend!

Old 10-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
The grille looks great!

Great idea.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:30 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Just a thought, have you ever considered loosing some weight at the drivers position?

Old 10-11-2016, 02:48 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by embdenb
Just a thought, have you ever considered loosing some weight at the drivers position?

Old 10-11-2016, 03:07 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by embdenb
He's trying man, he's trying

Old 10-11-2016, 04:04 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Consider wrapping the vertical bars with vinyl tape then cutting out only the slots needed. That would help hide the slots that are not used.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:01 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Actually struggling quite a bit with my own weight... I did three Tough Mudders and a half marathon last year. This year, I've sat in front of a computer for 12-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, for the last 10 months, with only a few breaks. People don't realize just how much work I put into my startup, especially the amount of time I spend emailing and messaging people!

Hoping for things to smooth out by next year so I can get back into shape... Right now, it's a struggle that's taking quite the toll on me

Old 10-12-2016, 06:41 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
It looks even better in person!

Telum, I have duplicated your 4 bar grille execution here in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn. I will drive it raw for a few days, just as you showed us yours, above. If I still like it next week I will pull it and fill those, now extra, Vs in the verticals. Epoxy, Bonbo and recoat it with Plasticoat.

Thanks for the motivation!

Old 10-12-2016, 07:47 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Hahahaha I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm still really happy with the 4-bar look. I'll need to eventually finish it like you're doing - probably over the winter while the car is safely tucked away from the snow.

For anyone that wants to give it a shot, I just put a video on YouTube for it. Really easy to do, just start on one side of one slat and wiggle a tad while pulling on it. (Don't jerk on it.) Once that side pops out, do the other side the same way. When the second side pops free, the whole slat will come out easily.

Just keep in mind that since these are pressure fit, they may not be as fixed in place as they originally were. A tiny drop of epoxy or superglue will fix that, though, if you want to put the slats back in place.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:28 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by telum01
Actually struggling quite a bit with my own weight... I did three Tough Mudders and a half marathon last year. This year, I've sat in front of a computer for 12-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, for the last 10 months, with only a few breaks. People don't realize just how much work I put into my startup, especially the amount of time I spend emailing and messaging people!

Hoping for things to smooth out by next year so I can get back into shape... Right now, it's a struggle that's taking quite the toll on me
I know what it's like but hey you got 481.94 grams off your 'grille' which is a good start

looks FAB indeed!

Old 10-13-2016, 05:10 AM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
I know what it's like but hey you got 481.94 grams off your 'grille' which is a good start

looks FAB indeed!
481.94 is a MUCH bigger number than 1.69! I like your style!

Old 10-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Wheel alternative

I constantly get complements from my Modulare wheels - they have that concave look and do not destroy the ride.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontYard.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	461064   Click image for larger version

Name:	PickingUpDay4.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	461065   Click image for larger version

Name:	RickExterior6.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	956.4 KB
ID:	461066  
Old 10-13-2016, 03:19 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Prefurbia, those are very nice... What size and offset are you running and tire size please and thank you.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
modulare

I'm not sure of the spec's cause I bought these used, but it was the photo Vantage on the Modulare Web Site, so you can ask them.

The tire size is front: 245/35/ZR20 and rear 295/35/ZR20 - Pilot Sports

Old 10-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I constantly get complements from my Modulare wheels - they have that concave look and do not destroy the ride.
Very cool wheels, your car is very clean and pure looking.
Ron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to get nimble