Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS owners - anyone know where this wire goes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:54 AM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Originally Posted by irish07
That does not look like anything original, actually I'm pretty sure it's 100% not original. With that end it looks like someone has made an antenna and routed it through the dash. Even the wire loom used doesn't look like it was routed by the factory, really looks aftermarket. I can see you have something aftermarket splices into the CEM, could it possible be relates to what ever is there, like a audio transmitter or remote start/alarm module?
That it's an aftermarket part seems like a good explanation. I haven't seen any error codes and the electronics seem to be working properly, so it doesn't appear to do anything mission critical.

Though I wouldn't know what after-market feature it controls. (Those splices you see into the CEM are for my dashcams and reverse/front camera.)

The one thing that makes think it could be a factory part is another member who has a DBS took photos for me and he appears to have a similar (though not identical) loom: https://www.6speedonline.com/g/album/3693642

If you notice in his photo album, his loom connects to a module/unit in his fusebox that's similar to the module that my wire connects to.

(I think my original post wasn't clear, so he sent photos of the connected end of the wire. I'm still waiting to see if he has photos of the other end.)

Last edited by wysoseereeus; 06-22-2015 at 11:02 AM.